Nua Supported Living Services
Assistant Support Workers & Social Care Workers
Full time Permanent Co. Kildare
(Various locations across the County)
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the above position. The successful candidate will be afforded all necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients on a daily basis. Candidates must be self-driven, focused and diverse
Nua Supported Living is part of Nua Healthcare Service, once of Ireland leading care and support providers. Nua Healthcare was established in 2004 by a small group of experienced and dedicated social care professionals. They created its first high support respite service for individuals with Asperger Syndrome. In 2010 Supported Living Services were introduced to augment out care pathway and to enable the continuation of supports for individuals who were ready to transition to more independent living embracing their life goals and aspirations.
We are seeking to add to our existing Supported Living Team by recruiting a number of Full and Part Time Assistant Support Workers and Social Care Workers. The purpose of the role is to provide support services to people with intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health needs, autism, sensory and communication needs and acquired brain injuries.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
- Competency Framework Evaluation conducted against role
Do you go the extra mile to make people feel values and respected? Do you go out of your way to support your friends and relatives and know you could extend this to other people? Do you enjoy helping people no matter how small the task? Do you want to work with a professional yet friendly team that cares and supports others?
If this sounds like you and you feel you are a naturally caring person that want to make a real difference to the lives of others, the a job as an Assistant Support Worker or a Social Care Worker with Nua Supported Living could be just what you are after.
We support all different types of people with a range of physical and intellectual disabilities and other complex needs, who are looking for support to enable them to live as independently as possible. Providing this support enables people to achieve their full potential and live a fulfilled life.
Desirable but not essential criteria:
- Experience of using PEC’s
- Experience working with Behaviours that Challenge
- A FETAC Level 5 award in Social Care or Healthcare (or working towards same)
- Experience of report writing
- Flexible and adaptable nature
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working with people with Autism, Intellectual Disabilities and/or Mental Health
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Full driving license
- Flexibility to travel
- Ability to work unsociable hours
- Honesty and integrity
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance/Death-in-Service
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Flexible working hours over a 7-day roster which includes shift work
- Continuous Professional development
- Fantastic development & career opportunities
& more …….
To apply for the above role please follow the link below to our candidate portal