St. Catherine’s Association
Staff Nurse - Relief Contract
(Week-end duty, night shifts, sleepover, afternoon duty)
Location: Newcastle, Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Job Role (non-exhaustive)
- Relief cover for week-end duty, night shifts, sleepovers and afternoon shifts.
- Provide a high quality of life and supportive atmosphere for individuals in our care.
- Responsible for client care and the development of Individual Programmes of personal, and social development for each individual so as to ensure the highest quality and effective service delivery to the Individual.
- Liaise with the families and other agencies involved in service provision, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the regulation concerning the control, administration and recording of medicines and controlled drugs are adhered to by all staff in accordance with company policy.
Interested in working with individuals with an intellectual disability and / or Autism. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are a committed team player with a proven ability to work effectively as part of an MDT team. You are familiar with best practices in Nursing and apply these consistently in your work.
St. Catherine’s Association is a non-profit organisation and registered charity funded by the HSE that provides care to individuals with intellectual and other disabilities. We aim to provide a holistic service from birth to adulthood including Early Services, Residential and Respite care, and a wide range of Clinical Services. The successful candidate will work as a member of the multidisciplinary team and enjoy a high level of professional support.
We love to see our team members grow and develop in their careers. That’s why we support our Nursing staff to attend professional training as required to maintain a high level of service.
- Registration with An Bord Altranais.
- Either RSCN, RGN, or RNID qualification.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development.
- An interest in working with individuals that have Intellectual Disabilities and Autism
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Full flexibility and reliability for shift work (e.g. sleepovers / night duty, weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Knowledge of HIQA regulations for persons with disabilities in residential and respite services.
- Full driving license and willing to drive company vehicles.
- Knowledge and previous experience in Clinical Care Areas such as, Tracheostomy Care, Suctioning, PEG, Medication Management and Epilepsy Management.
- Experience working with children with intellectual disabilities and complex medical needs
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call Debbie Carr on 01-2819485 (Ext. 206) for details.
Closing Date: 5pm Wednesday August 28th 2019
St. Catherine’s Association is an equal opportunities employer