Full time post
Kilcullen, Co. Kildare
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the position of Psychiatric nurse. The successful candidate will be afforded all necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients on a daily basis. Candidates must be self-driven, focused and diverse.
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential care, Community outreach and Day services to adults and children with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Employee Benefits Package, including:
- Company Pension
- Death-in-Service/Life Assurance
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Paid Maternity/Paternity
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous Professional development
- Fantastic development & career opportunities
- & more…….
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
- Competency Framework Evaluation conducted against role
Support people who use the service
- Promote & nurture person centered planning using key worker systems and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans
- Support the development and implementation of relevant documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, standard operating procedures etc.
- Support and promote maximum opportunities for community involvement for people who use the service
- Responsible for the overall growth and direction of the community home in accordance with the ethos, values and mission statement of the organisation
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to staff and Service Users.
- Be registered on the Psychiatric Division of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2001 and 2008.
- Must be able to demonstrate Leadership and Management skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff team of up to 30 members.
- Experience of reporting on monthly KPI’s linked to key business objectives
- Experience of budget management
- Be a highly motivated, proactive individual who can organize and lead a team effectively
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full, Clean Driver’s License
- Excellent IT skills.