NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES / DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS (MSF)
Job Title: Supporter Services Assistant
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: Campaigns & Communications Coordinator
Works closely with: Fundraising Team Ireland & UK
Duration: 6-9 Month Fixed Term Contact (Maternity Cover)
Salary grade: 1.1
Salary: €28,230.94 per annum
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors without Borders (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) provides life-saving emergency relief and longer-term medical care to some of the most vulnerable and excluded communities around the world. As an independent medical humanitarian organisation, we deliver care based only on need, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or political affiliation.
MSF relies on donations from private individuals and organisations for the majority of its income. This private funding gives MSF the freedom to respond where needs are greatest and to speak out publicly, free from any political interference.
MSF has around 40,000 staff working in over 70 countries, in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our medical humanitarian projects are supported by teams in 32 countries, including Ireland, across Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
At MSF Ireland, we support MSF’s operations by building relationships with our supporters, increasing awareness of our work, raising funds, providing specialist medical expertise, catalysing change on medical humanitarian issues, and recruiting field staff. MSF Ireland personnel are dynamic, hard-working, enthusiastic and committed to MSF’s values and aims.
MSF Ireland aims to contribute directly to this mission by effectively and efficiently contributing to the resource requirements, financial, human and programmatic of the MSF Movement.
MSF Ireland has achieved significant growth in private income in recent years through the active recruitment activities and emergency appeals. The Dublin office is currently staffed by ten full time roles, two part-time roles and supported by volunteers and interns. The team consists of Director, Senior Fundraising Manager, Major Gifts Manager, Digital Fundraising & Marketing Coordinator, Campaigns & Communications Coordinator, Data Insights & Supporter Care Coordinator, Communications Manager, Press Officer, HR & Recruitment Coordinator, HR & Recruitment Assistant and Finance Officer.
The Supporter Services Assistant will support MSF’s Fundraising strategy to ensure all donation processing and fundraising support to supporters is provided to ensure excellent delivery of supporter care.
Reports To: Campaigns & Communications Coordinator, MSF Ireland
Works closely with: Data Insights & Support Care Coordinator, Fundraising Team - MSF UK & Ireland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the first point of contact for handling all donor queries, telephone, email and face to face meetings.
- Manage the administration of the whole donation process to ensuring that donor’s contributions are acknowledged, donors are thanked and income receipts processed.
- Implement the fulfilment aspects of the mid-level donor programme through bespoke fulfilment and contact.
- Ensure bespoke fulfilment opportunities are undertaken with MSF donors as appropriate.
- Drafting, development and production of fulfilment and supporter care content for MSF donors in line with MSF brand guidelines.
- Support preparation of supporter care Related content on msf.ie
- Ensure all donations are recorded, up to date and processed accurately on the donor database to ensure all data is handled and managed correctly.
- Accurate and timely management of data input for upload to and download from database, supporting downloading and uploading data to reconcile all donations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all procedures in place for donation type, source and distribution are followed in accordance with legislative and best practice requirements.
- Ensure all financial transactions including lodgements, direct debits, recurring credit cards and credit cards are completed with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Accurate and timely processing and filing of CHY Tax Certificates with ensuring excellent donor care in follow up of processing.
- Maintain the internal administration of all donations processed including generating regular and ad hoc reports.
- Manage and process all supporter care ‘white mail’ including gone-aways in accordance with procedure.
- Ensure all supporter care records are updated, as and when required.
- Provide support information and materials to individuals and groups holding local community and sponsorship events in aid of MSF and respond to requests for supporter-led events, liaising with Communications to ensure supporter MSF Brand guidelines are respected and events are supported where appropriate on social media.
- Liaise with other team members to provide speakers or attend these supporter-led events as an MSF representative where possible.
- Provide fundraising guidance and support to the Friends of MSF student societies who are raising funds for MSF.
- Ensure all activity is carried out is in full compliance with MSFs financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Resolve donor queries or complaints in accordance with MSF policies and procedures.
- Ensure fundraising filing systems and storage is in place.
- Monitor and resolve queries from fundraising supporter care suppliers including fulfilment house and call centre as issues arise.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries and manage outgoing mail.
- Administer supporter care email and correspondence.
- Adhere to all MSF policies including data protection.
- Assist with fundraising projects, as and when required.
- Work as a full member of the fundraising team.
- Maintain the highest commitment to excellent supporter care in line with MSF’s Supporter Promise, supporting cross departmental focus on the importance of supporter care.
- Maintain a commitment to the aims and values of MSF through proactive involvement in and attendance at MSF Ireland wider movement operational activities where required.
Please note that this list is indicative of the key responsibilities of this role but is by no means exhaustive. MSF is an emergency response organisation with a ‘can do’ attitude and flexibility to take on other related task is essential. This job description does not form part of the contract of employment.
Essential skills and behaviours:
- Excellent phone manner and an ability to connect with supporters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with supporters and external suppliers.
- Solid administrative experience, preparing standard letters, documents and data inputting and filing.
- Experience of supporting internal and external clients in a busy service orientated environment.
- High degree of accuracy combined with good attention to detail.
- Good excel spreadsheet skills, word processing skills, and proficient use of email systems.
- Ability to work supportively and effectively within and across teams and build good working relationships.
- A systematic and organised approach with an ability to follow things through and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision in a fast paced and demanding environment exercising good judgment and using own initiative.
- Ability to plan, manage own workload, juggle priorities and work under pressure while maintaining efficiency, accuracy and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to write clearly and accurately produce, adapt and proof read documents.
- Confident interpersonal and clear communication skills.
- Responsible attitude to dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Commitment to the aims and values to Médecins Sans Frontières.
Desirable skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience in supporter care.
- Experience in database management.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally including to MSF field projects.
Candidates must hold an appropriate passport or permit to work in Ireland.
MSF UK/IE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 12th June 2019
- Interviews: Friday 21st June 2019
- Start date: 29th July 2019
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a letter of motivation explaining how your skills and experience relate to the person specification to:
Your covering letter is the most important part of your application. It should be used to tell us how you meet the selection criteria listed on the person specification.
Enquiries about the position to: Lia Paul, Campaigns & Communications Coordinator
Ph: +3531 660 3337
CURRENT BENEFITS AT MSF UK AND IRELAND:
MSF UK & Ireland pays the salaries into the bank account on the 30th of each month.
MSF UK & Ireland operates flexi time. The daily requirement for full time staff is to work 8 hours plus half an hour for lunch with core hours between 9.30am-5.00pm and flexi time periods between 8.30am – 9.30am and 5.00pm-6.00pm.
The MSF UK & Ireland holiday (annual leave) year runs from 1st January to 31st December. Annual entitlement for full-time staff is 28 days per year in addition to Irish bank holidays (pro rata for part-time).
On completion of the probationary period, employees of MSF UK & Ireland receive additional benefits though our Group Income Protection Scheme and Group Life Scheme.
After three months’ continuous employment, you will be enrolled into MSF UK/IE’s Group Personal Pension Scheme. MSF UK/IE will make an employer contribution equivalent to 10 percent of your gross salary; you will also be able to make additional employee contributions.
MSF UK & Ireland has an annual performance review process in place during which individual development needs are discussed and training needs identified.