Health Care Assistant – Kilcullen, Co. Kildare
The Company – Nua Healthcare
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential Care, Community Supports and Day Services to adults and children with a range of complex health and social care needs. Nua supports people with intellectual disability, autistic spectrum conditions and mental health needs across Ireland. We pride ourselves on providing true, individualised person-centred care and support for individuals in their own home and / or in appropriate community-based care facilities.
Nua Healthcare’s Mental Health Services
Nua Healthcare’s Mental Health Services provide services to people who present with a range of mental health care needs. Our mental health services include an ‘Approved Centre’ and ‘Community Residences’. We are also able to offer Homecare supports to people with mental health needs.
Nua’s Mental Health Community Residences provide 24-hour care and support in community-based dwellings. They are designed to meet the needs of people who do not require the level of care delivered within an Approved Centre but who do need a level of care and support above that of a typical homecare package. Nua’s Mental Health Community Residences are designed to provide high quality, recovery focused services which enable the people being supported to achieve positive outcomes, goals and aspirations.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
Support people who use the service
- Responsible for the day-to-day practical support, care and wellbeing of services users and for ensuring that the principles of ordinary living for service users are encouraged and practiced.
- Ensure that the care and services received is person centred in a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
- Be a role model, provide enthusiasm and professionalism to the staff team.
- Work in a diversity of roles, from providing direct personal care, to facilitating service users to live lives of the highest quality within the service.
- Provide front line social care to all Services Users.
- Support in the implementation of Person Centered Plans in line with individual Service User’s needs.
- Assist in the overall management of the house through any tasks delegated by the Recovery Manager.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act 2001 and 2008.
- Experience of working in teams.
- A relevant qualification in Social Care or equivalent - QQI Level 5 minimum
- Prior experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in a care environment.
- Experience of personal support plans.
- Experience of / with people with additional and/or complex needs.
- Have an understanding of the disabilities sector.
- Full, Clean Driver’s Licence.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Full Clean Driver’s licence
- Have up to date TCI/CPI/PMAV, SAM's, OFA and Manual Handling Training Patient handling & moving
- IT skills
To apply please follow the link to our candidate portal, informal enquires can be directed to email@example.com