RECOVERY MANAGER – MENTAL HEALTH COMMUNITY RESIDENCE
The role – Recovery Manager
Nua Healthcare is recruiting a Recovery Manager to lead an exciting new community-based service within Nua’s mental health services.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work in an empowering, recovery focussed way which enables the people we support to lead fulfilling lives. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to lead a staff team to deliver excellent services and outcomes to the 9 people who will reside within the community residence.
The Company – Nua Healthcare
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential Care, Community Supports and Day Services to adults and children with a range of complex health and social care needs. Nua supports people with intellectual disability, autistic spectrum conditions and mental health needs across Ireland. We pride ourselves on providing true, individualised person-centred care and support for individuals in their own home and / or in appropriate community-based care facilities.
Nua Healthcare’s Mental Health Services
Nua Healthcare’s Mental Health Services provide services to people who present with a range of mental health care needs. Our mental health services include an ‘Approved Centre’ and ‘Community Residences’. We are also able to offer Homecare supports to people with mental health needs.
Nua’s Mental Health Community Residences provide 24-hour care and support in community-based dwellings. They are designed to meet the needs of people who do not require the level of care delivered within an Approved Centre but who do need a level of care and support above that of a typical homecare package. Nua’s Mental Health Community Residences are designed to provide high quality, recovery focused services which enable the people being supported to achieve positive outcomes, goals and aspirations.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
Support people who use the service
- Promote & nurture individualised care planning using keyworker systems and shared goal setting.
- Promote a ‘recovery’ focussed service which sees the individual potential in everybody that is supported by the service.
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans and risk assessments.
- Support the development and implementation of relevant documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, standard operating procedures etc.
- Support and promote maximum opportunities for community involvement for people who use the service including access to educational, vocational and employment related opportunities.
- Responsible for the overall growth and direction of the community residence in accordance with the ethos, values and mission statement of the organisation.
Leadership and Team Work
- Lead and develop staff teams through best practice performance management systems and supports, dealing with any issues/difficulties relating to staff as they arise.
- Lead staff team to work constructively. Motivating staff and service users, as appropriate.
- Encourage development of self and others through appraisal and supervision processes.
- Identify training needs with staff team and facilitate adherence at training as necessary.
- Work in a way that ensures the service is delivered in compliance with relevant legislation, Nua Healthcare’s values, policies and practices and contractual requirements.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety and security in the workplace in line with policies and procedures.
- The post of Recovery Manager (Nua Mental Health Services – Community Residences) spans the entire scope of Nua Healthcare Services. The post-holder may, during their duty, be required to work in day, residential or respite services.
- Undertake on call duties.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of community outreach programmes.
- Responsible for unit budget and service user accounts.
- Overseeing all aspects of rostering to include but not limited to rostering, leave, training, end of month timesheets and tracking of hours worked per staff member.
- Staff deployment and service driven rostering.
- Organising necessary meetings and arranging cover for same.
- Overall responsibility for safety and maintenance of assigned facilities to include house, vehicle and PPE for both Service Users and staff.
- Responsible for ensuring the adherence of Safe Administration of Medication Practices with the home including ordering, storage, administration and documentation (including Individual Medication Management Plans, Kardex and Error Reports).
- Degree in Social Studies (or suitable equivalent relevant qualification)
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Good knowledge of relevant laws and Codes of Practice (E.g. The Mental Health Act 2001; The Mental Health Commission’s Quality Framework; The Assisted Decision Making (Capacity) Act 2015.
- Have a minimum of 2 years supervisory / management experience in complex care services (including those for people with mental health needs)
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff team of up to 30 members.
- Experience of reporting on monthly KPI’s linked to key business objectives
- Experience of budget management is desirable
- Must be a highly motivated, proactive individual who can organise and lead a team effectively
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full, Clean Driver’s Licence.
- Excellent IT skills.
To apply for this role please follow the link below to our candidate portal