Job title: Operations Officer
Particulars of Office: Fixed term: Nine (9) months (3 months probationary)
Salary Range: € 34,000 (non-scale)
Annual Leave: 22 days pro rata
Report To: CEO/Services Manager
Safetynet Primary Care is an equal opportunities Employer.
Safetynet Primary Care
The overall aim of Safetynet is the provision of quality services and structures to enable access to primary healthcare and social inclusion services for the homeless and other marginalised groups. While being an operational organisation Safetynet also manages a network support structure for various organisations working with marginalised groups.
The Safetynet Primary Health Care Teams comprise GPs, nursing staff and support workers. Safetynet GPs work in clinics in Emergency Accommodations (EAs) for people who are experiencing homelessness as well as part of Mobile Health and Screening Unit providing health assessment and integration for migrants seeking asylum in Ireland. The homeless PCT provides services throughout the week in different locations and the Mobile Health Unit provides services in different parts of the country. See our website https://www.primarycaresafetynet.ie/
This work is done in partnership with HSE and other state agencies to ensure integration into the general medical services within the state.
General Job Description
The Operations Officer position is based in Dublin with some travel as needed to various locations in Ireland.
The role will also include the operational, administrative and development of our Network support. The Safetynet Network comprises of organizations which are involved in the provision of clinical service to marginalized groups in Ireland including access to a web based clinical record system and other benefits.
- Third level qualification or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Candidates should hold a full clean (B) driving licence.
- Access to own vehicle for travel when needed.
- Candidates shall be of good character.
- Candidates shall be in a state of health that indicates a reasonable prospect of ability to provide regular and efficient service.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following sets out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Operations & Logistics
- Provide administrative/operational support to Safetynet Clinical Teams to ensure smooth running of service.
- Co-ordinate and collate information and generate reports from data on periodic basis as agreed
- Participate in internal/external meetings as required, reasonable notice having been given
- Support to the General Manager and the Services Manager
- Take manual notes and update the database with relevant client / clinic details when needed
- Arranging locum cover and maintaining rota of same
- Maintaining and communicating Mobile Health Unit (MHU) Rota of volunteers and locums
- Maintain MHSU staff and clinic rota
- Ensuring staff registration & certification details updated
- maintenance of employee files
- time sheets
- processing garda clearance
- maintain staff leave and absence records
- Payment and updating of staff clinical indemnity
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain database of network members and relevant licence allocations
- Input and maintain patient medical record system
- Administration of Helix access and log on
- Communicating with network of services using Helix to ensure GDPR compliance
- Prepare clinic schedule for clinics against received lists of clients
- Upload client data for screening to Salesforce database
- Liaise with stakeholders for the planning and operation of clinics
- Coordination and maintenance of team equipment and supplies (copiers, phones, etc.)
- Undertake other responsibilities commensurate with the role including administration as assigned by your Line Manager and/or the General Manager from time to time
- Undertake the role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of the Safetynet Primary Care
- Adhere to Safetynet Primary Care policies and procedures
- Be self-servicing in terms of word processing, filing, record keeping, database input, administration, collating information and generating reports from Safetynet Primary Care data etc.
- Be an effective member of the Safetynet Primary Care team and participate fully in staff meetings and other committees of the Safetynet Primary Care as required
This Job Description outlines the current responsibilities of the role. As the Safetynet Primary Care evolves the duties associated with this position will evolve with it.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Highly developed IT skills particularly in MS Office suite
- Highly developed numeracy skills: experience of dealing with data/budgets
- Experience and ability to use developed decision –making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely in both written and oral format
Planning and Organization Skills
- Scheduling and diary management skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Prioritizing skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience of working with marginalized groups
- Experience of working in health care sector
- Desire to work in a busy environment
Further Information for Candidates
- Hours (FTE 100%) Hours will vary according to clinic times
- This post is being advertised initially as a term contract of 10 month duration with a 3 month probationary period. The role may be extended subject to funding.
All applications (cover letter and CV) should be sent to; email@example.com