The Dublin Well Woman Centre Head Office requires an experienced Accounts assistant or Bookkeeper to assist the finance manager with the Dublin Well Woman Centres finance and accounts function.
- Reviewing and analysing financial information
- Full responsibility and maintenance of creditors ledger, including posting of invoices, reconciliation of creditors ledger to creditors statements at month end and preparation of payments list for finance manager sign off and putting payments up on IBB for managers authorisation
- Update and maintenance of Bank accounts in Sage 50, including bank reconciliations.
- Full responsibility in the reconciliation of all Cash receipts on both a weekly and monthly basis (this includes payments from HSE for services provided in the prior month)
- Full responsibility for the preparation and processing of Payroll on a monthly basis including submission of monthly returns, dealing with joiners and leavers, dealing with staff expenses, training allowances and voluntary deductions made via payroll including pensions.
- Monthly stock take attendance on site at clinics and ongoing reconciliation of stock including valuation of same
- Assistance to the finance manager including data input to excel to support the monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts pack and annual budgeting process. As well as year-end audit preparation
- General and ad hoc administration and office duties
- The applicant will ideally have 3 years’ experience in a busy work environment in a similar role,
- Sage Accounts 50 and Sage payroll experience including up to date knowledge on PAYE Modernisation essential
- Payroll Certification from IPASS and or an equivalent qualification desirable
- Strong IT Skills with excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook essential
- Excellent Analytical and numeracy skills
- Detail oriented, organised with the ability to work on your own initiative and meet strict reporting deadlines essential.
- Strong communication skills, understands the need to respect confidentiality, is aware of the GDPR, knows to keep their manager informed on an ongoing basis.
- Has the ability to document important and relevant communications on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to anticipate potential challenges/complications; is proactive rather than reactive.
- Can multi-task without losing focus
- Manages competing and changing priorities
- Consistently plans ahead to meet important deadlines.
- IATI qualified or part qualified desirable however candidates with significant demonstrable bookkeeping experience which can be proven will be considered for this busy role
What is on offer is:
- A nice working environment in a city centre location and very reasonable working hours (30 hours per week).
- A competitive salary (depending on experience and qualifications)
- Flexible working hours if required.
Send applications to include a CV and cover letter indicating your salary expectation (on the basis of a 30 hour working week) to, firstname.lastname@example.org with accounts assistant in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Monday 25th of March. Due to the volume of applications it will not be possible to acknowledge receipt of every application. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted to schedule same.