Counsellor / Psychotherapist the Dublin Well Woman Centre (February 2019)
Clinical Supervisor (effectively the Head of Counselling Services)
Ensuring the delivery of quality, ethical professional counselling services to Well Woman clients. Promoting awareness of those services.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP or IAHIP
- Have a minimum 3 years post accreditation experience working as a counsellor / psychotherapist.
- Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideally have experience of working with clients experiencing crisis.
- Be flexible, enthusiastic and committed.
- Have the ability to work as part of the counselling team and on own initiative.
- Deliver an agreed number of counselling sessions to Well Woman clients.
- Be computer literate, familiar with Word and Excel.
The Successful Candidate will be required to:
- Build a therapeutic relationship with Well Woman clients.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of the Well Woman Centre.
- Periodically liaise with other agencies and professionals as appropriate.
- Attend team meetings.
- Keep monthly statistics of activity levels.
- Keep client notes in line with Well Woman’s policy on note-taking.
- Receive ongoing supervision.
- Take responsibility for one’s own ongoing continued professional development. (This will be supported by Well Woman by means of an Annual Training Allowance.)
- Keep updated with best practice and procedures.
- Work in line with the code of ethics of IACP, IAHIP.
- Plan and deliver social media interventions, to promote awareness of Well Woman’s counselling services.
Note: Garda Vetting is required of successful candidates for these positions.
Working Hours and Place of Work:
We are looking for a counsellor to work from our busy city-centre clinic on Liffey Street.
The role is offered on a part-time basis, averaging 12 – 16 hours / week. Days required are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (four hours each day) and two Saturdays per month. Hours may be subject to review.
The Dublin Well Woman Centre supports a woman’s right to choice around her reproductive options. It is essential that applicants are comfortable with, and prepared to uphold, this ethos.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and cover letter, outlining your particular suitability to the role to Ms Anne Burke, Head of Counselling Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12 Noon, Thursday, 21st March 2019.