NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job title General Staff Nurse (Part Time/ Full time)
Reporting to: Clinical Care Manager / Person in Charge
Contract Offer: Permanent (Part Time/ Full time)
Location: MS Ireland Care Centre, 65 Bushy Park Road, Rathgar, Dublin D06CV90.
MS Ireland Vision
MS Ireland has a vision of Irish society where all people affected by MS live positive and active lives in the community
The principal objectives for which MS Ireland exists are:
- To facilitate people with MS to control their lives and environment, to live with
- dignity and participate in the community
- To provide support for the families and carers of people with MS
- To co-operate with the medical, scientific, social and caring professions to promote scientific research into the cause of, cure for and management of MS, and the alleviation of medical and social symptoms
- To exchange and disseminate information relating to MS
- To provide an identifiable focal point by developing an efficient, effective and caring organisation to serve the needs of PwMS
MS Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Work as a key member of the MS Care Centre Nursing and Care Team to ensure the provision of holistic, safe, quality Resident care using our person-centred planning approach and acting with professionalism at all times.
Note: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform that may be required either now or in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care in accordance with;
- Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in designated centres for persons (children and adults) with disabilities) Regulations 2013. S.I.No.366 of 2013. S.I. No.367 of 2013
- Health Information And Quality Authority (HIQA) National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities January 2013
- MS Ireland Care Centre Statement of Purpose
- MS Ireland Care Centre Policies & Procedures
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland Guidelines and scope of nursing practice framework.
- Ensure that patient confidentiality is respected and that the dignity of the Resident is assured and maintained at all times having regard to the Ethos of the MS Care Centre.
- Participate in and provide clinical nursing care for Residents while ensuring regular contact with residents at all times.
- Maintain all nursing records accurately in a timely manner and in accordance with S.I. 367 Regulation 5, 19,21 Schedule 3.
- Ensure that Resident confidentiality is respected and maintained.
- Provide safe custody of these Residents’ records.
- Adhere to nursing policies with regard to nursing documentation
- Liaise with and ensure good relationships with all members of the multidisciplinary team in the MS Care Centre.
- Communicate with Resident’s, relatives and visitors with courtesy and consideration.
- Support, educate and provide information to families or care givers of PwMS, making referrals to appropriate services where necessary.
- Take responsibility for co-ordinating the care of Residents in the MS Care Centre when in charge of the shift.
- Ensuring effective handovers regarding resident care are communicated to all relevant members of staff team.
- Assist in the daily supervision and delegation of resident care to nursing support staff as appropriate, and formal mentoring through the MS Care Centre supervision programme.
- Observe and comply with MS Care Centre Policies and Procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- Be responsible for the safe administration of medications
Indirect Clinical Care
- Comply with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse National Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain a safe environment for the Residents at all times, and take appropriate remedial action as necessary.
- Ensure the good maintenance and smooth running of the MS Care Centre by advising CCM/PIC and/or Deputy CCM/PIC of defects in services or equipment and any other perceived problems.
- Document and report to CCM/PIC and/or Deputy CCM/PIC all incidents/accidents/near misses or complaints and participate in any subsequent investigation as requested.
- Assist with the requisitioning of supplies.
- Use equipment efficiently and properly to promote good care and prevent waste.
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings and committees as required.
Training and Education
- Keep abreast of new developments in nursing, and actively engage in professional development.
- Participate actively in in-service education programme and complete all mandatory in service education sessions as directed e.g. Safeguarding, Fire Prevention, Manual Handling, Infection Control and CPR (this list is not exhaustive)
- Complete Medications Management training annually on HSELand.ie
- Attend Nursing Education training in house and externally, maintain a record of CPD points.
- Assist with the orientation and induction of new staff and trainees; be available to provide orientation training where necessary, helping them to integrate as members of the MS Care Centre team.
- Assist in the teaching and supervision of nursing support staff and trainees. Participate in the evaluation of their progress.
- Be aware of all policies in relation to health and safety in the MS Care Centre level especially:
- Fire Prevention
- Health and Safety Plan and Emergency Response Plan
- Medications Management
- Moving and Handling
- Risk Management
- Waste Disposal – clinical and non-clinical
Experience / Qualifications
- Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- At least six months post registration experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and Communications skills essential.
- Prior experience of working with PwMS / people with disabilities in a residential or respite environment would be an advantage
To apply for the position please send the following documents by email to: recruitment@MS-Society.ie
- Cover letter, outlining your experience and suitability for the post and your reason for applying
- Full CV including two references and contact information
- Please ensure the Job Title 'Staff Nurse' is referenced in the subject of the email
Please note, the assistance of Recruitment Agencies is not required at this time