Education Tutor (2 Posts)
Co. Kilkenny, Co. Wexford and Co. Offaly
We are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the position of Education Tutor within our Day Services with flexibility to travel. The successful candidate will be afforded all necessary training and development in line with the role. Candidates must be highly motivated, creative and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients on a daily basis. Candidates must be self-driven, focused and diverse and have a genuine interest in the role.
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential care, Community outreach and Day services to adults and children with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
- Competency Framework Evaluation conducted against role
- Support the Education development of our Service Users according to their abilities.
- Promote and source access to community based Education and courses.
- Liaise with community Educators/tutors and school principals where appropriate.
- Promote & nurture person centered planning and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans
- Support the development and implementation of relevant documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, standard operating procedures etc.
- Support and promote maximum opportunities for community involvement for people who use the service
- Work in a way in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the business
- Encourage development of self and others through staff appraisal process and monthly supervision
- Identify training needs with staff team and facilitate adherence at training as necessary
- Work in a way that ensures the service is delivered in compliance with relevant legislation, Nua Healthcare’s, policies and practices and contractual requirements
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety and security in the workplace in line with policies and procedures
- Promote the guidelines of ‘New Directions’ and work in adherence to their standards.
- Relevant Education Degree
- Must be registered with the Department of Education
- Experience in writing Individual Education Plan
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role preferably within a Day Service setting or with individuals with a learning disability as a Tutor.
- Experience of reporting on monthly KPI’s linked to key business objectives
- Be a highly motivated, proactive individual who can work on their own initiative.
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Full, Clean Driver’s License
- Background in training and development
- Working with disabilities or disadvantaged/marginalised people.
- Flexible approach to work and a willingness to work in different settings.
If you wish to apply for this post; please send your CV along with a cover letter, email@example.com. A full job description for the role is available upon request.