Psychologist - Part time, Munster based
Position Title: Psychologist
Status: Part time, Munster based.
Reporting to: National Client Service Manager
Be responsible for the delivery of professional psychology services appropriate to the post in line with evidence-based literature and best practice.
- Be responsible for the delivery of professional psychology services appropriate to the post in line with evidence-based literature and best practice
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with, but also supporting, the residential care teams and management
- Deliver trainings to care teams as appropriate
- Carry a clinical caseload appropriate to the post
- Provide psychological assessments as necessary based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of data from a variety of sources including psychological tests, self-report measures, direct and indirect observation and interviews with clients, care-staff, family members and/or other professionals.
- Formulate, implement and review plans for therapeutic intervention, learning-focused behaviour support, and/or risk management plans based on an appropriate conceptual framework
- Provide professional reports as required in accordance with professional standards
- Provide professional consultation, education, guidance and support to others as appropriate.
- Attend meetings, committees and/or conferences as required
- Work within limits of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
- Utilise evidence-based literature and research to support effective practice
- Be aware of and refer the service user to other services as necessary
- Work in an ethical and professional manner at all times
- Maintain appropriate records
- Maintain professional standards with regard to service user and data confidentiality
- Attend mandatory training programmes
- Engage in and utilise clinical supervision effectively
- Promote a culture that values equality, diversity and respect in the workplace
- Accredited postgraduate Masters or Doctorate degree in Psychology
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Psychology Society of Ireland (PSI)
- Competence in completing comprehensive psychological assessments, including the use of appropriate tools for children and adolescents with developmental, behavioural, learning, relational/attachment and emotional difficulties.
- Competence in evidence-based psychological therapies and interventions relevant to child, adolescent and adult populations
- Demonstrated experience and skill working with children and adolescents with developmental, behavioural, learning, relational/attachment and emotional difficulties.
- Good experience of assessment of young people with adverse life experience.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Full driving license.
- Experience working with families where there are significant attachment difficulties.
- Experience working with developmental trauma.
- Experience in an educational / clinical environment.
- Experience working with addiction.
- Experience working with clients exhibiting difficulties with emotional regulation.
- Experience working within a residential and/or fostering care context.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Attachment-Based Family Therapy, Emotion-Focused Family Therapy, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy, Motivation Interviewing, and/or other systemic or family therapy approaches.
For more information or to apply please forward your CV & covering letter to email@example.com