Irish Haemophilia Society
The Society was founded in 1968 by members of the medical profession, people with haemophilia, their families and friends who felt the need to provide support and advice for members and to improve the quality of life for people with haemophilia. The Society has grown from an informal and voluntary group of parents of people with haemophilia who wanted a better deal for their children, to a confident and professional charity with a committed board and professional staff to deal with the challenges ahead.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Position: Permanent with a probation period
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Dublin 8
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience in event management and must be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Dictaphone typing, and must have good IT skills.
- Excellent administrative skills and multitasking ability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter: proven initiative and demonstrated the ability to develop and deliver.
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work in a team and on own initiative when necessary.
- A highly organized individual is required with the ability to prioritize with good attention to detail.
- Event Management: source venues, negotiate with hotels & venues, organise all of the organisation's conferences and events, process registrations and payments, liaise with hotels and venues regarding logistics and function sheets, produce confirmation letters, badges, folders and site visits to hotels and venues when necessary.
- Database maintenance: update and maintain the existing database and project work.
- Administrative tasks for Office Manager and Chief Executive including diary management, travel arrangements, typing and producing powerpoint presentations.
- General offices duties and administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills and career with the organisation.
Please email a letter of application along with your C.V. to email@example.com