Director of Nursing – Blackrock Abbey Nursing Home - Dundalk, Co Louth
The Talbot Group is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed individual to manage our Nursing Home based in Blackrock, Dundalk, Co Louth.
The overall objective of the post is to manage and provide care to the highest professional standards, in line with Company Policy and National Standards. Working under the direction of the General Manager the post holder will provide strategic leadership and play a pivotal role in delivering the mission, vision and values of the Nursing Home.
Post Specific Requirements –
- Be registered in the relevant Division of the Live Register of Nurses or be entitled to be so registered.
- Have not less than 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons within the previous 6 years.
- Have not less than 3 years’ experience in a management capacity in the health and social care area.
- Have a post registration management qualification in health or a related field.
- Have the clinical, managerial and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role.
- A recognised qualification in Gerontology/Care of the Older Person is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience as Director of Nursing/Person In-Charge in a Nursing Home is desirable but not essential.
To apply for this position please submit a current CV to Ms Roisin Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd February 2018.
The Talbot Group is a privately owned business established in the early 1990’s employing over 500 staff with 300 clients availing of our services. The mission of the Talbot Group is to empower and support residents to be as independent as possible and to live meaningful and fulfilling lives, for further information please visit www.talbotgroup.ie