Ballyfermot ‘A’ School Completion Programme – Kylemore College, Dublin 10
Title of Post: Project Worker responsible for Breakfast Club, Targeted attendance monitoring, Student Support Key Work & Group Facilitation.
Type of Contract: Fixed term contract. The post is for the remainder of academic year 2019/2020 up to August 31st. The likelihood is that this post will continue for the 2020/2021 academic year subject to funding/
Location: The successful candidate will be based primarily in Kylemore College, Ballyfermot with some hours allocated to local primary schools within the cluster.
- Working with individual children/young people and small groups of children/young people who have been targeted for support through the Ballyfermot A School Completion Programme
- Planning and delivering programmes of work appropriate to identified needs of the students or groups you will engage with.
- Working closely with the staff of various schools and agencies involved in the Project, in relation to planning, implementing and evaluating all programmes.
- Maintaining records of all your work.
- Reporting regularly to the Project Co-ordinator and the SCP Management Committee.
- Undertaking any other work relevant to the development of the programme as may arise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of Level 6 qualification in education, social studies or related fields
- Experience of working with young people both in groups and 1:1 key work.
- Have an understanding of social and educational disadvantage and the needs of those who are at risk of early school leaving
- Must have active Garda Vetting.
- Own transport desirable as there is travel between the schools
- The School Completion Programme and how it compliments other DEIS programmes and its partners within TUSLA’s Education Support Service (TESS)
- The importance of following school and DES policy and practices particularly regarding record keeping, confidentiality, child protection and GDPR
- Basic technology skills, including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and/or database software necessary to efficiently accomplish the duties of this post.
Working Hours: 26 hours per week (there may be a possibility of extending these hours)
Remuneration: Project Worker - City of Dublin Education & Training Board Salary Scale Point 1 €15.42 per hour.
To apply for post:
Please forward Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and details of two referees via post to:
Ballyfermot A School Completion Programme
Alternatively you may send your CV with Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short listing will apply and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 5pm Thursday February 20th