NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Title: Full-time Training and Development Specialist
Place: Ag Eisteacht, Northridge House, Castle Road, Blackrock, Cork. T12 H970
Ag Eisteacht is a registered charity that aims to improve outcomes in Ireland for all at the point of their interaction with health, education, social or support services. This involves addressing and acknowledging relationships as a core component of health and well-being. We train practitioners to incorporate a relational approach in their routine work, recognising relationships as both risk and protective factors, and a key social determinant of health and well-being. Ag Eisteacht training equips practitioners with the knowledge, skills and confidence to build and support relationships in their routine work, thus improving outcomes for their clients and support themselves in managing the boundaries of their role.
We are inviting applicants for the role of Training and Development Specialist in Ag Eisteacht. We are looking for an experienced individual who has a passion for inspiring learners, developing training content and motivating trainers. This person will have responsibility for the development, delivery and roll out of our training programme. They will work with the CEO in these projects and support our national team of trainers. These are exciting times for Ag Eisteacht and a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to work with a growing and dynamic team in a caring, supportive and relationship-centred environment.
- Support the development of Ag Eisteacht’s ABLE brief intervention training in line with best practice and the charity’s vision and strategic plans
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our trainers
- Support them in delivering our suite of ABLE training programmes and arrange in-house training as required on at least bi-annual basis.
- Develop, refine and revise course curricula for Ag Eisteacht training courses, building on the results of ongoing participant and trainer feedback and evaluations and informed by best practice.
- Support the identification, induction, orientation and training of new Ag Eisteacht trainers as required
- Support the policy development relating to training and development services.
- Research, evaluate and catalogue up to date evidence-informed material and references for training material
In order to ensure training is delivered in a professional way the role will include training admin tasks including
- Efficient preparation of training materials
- Monitoring and collating pre and post course evaluations and writing reports.
- Undertaking the tasks associated with the closing of courses, including the collation, dispatching and filing of relevant materials and reports
The above list of job duties is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Competencies and Requirements:
Understanding of and ability to align with and work within the values and mission of ag Eisteacht
- 3+ years’ relevant experience in professional healthcare field e.g. Psychotherapy, psychology, social work etc.
- Masters qualification in training development or other relevant field desirable.
- Substantial professional experience of facilitating development group-work and experiential training
- Understanding of frontline experience
- Knowledge of group dynamics
- Listening skills with knowledge and insight into interpersonal dynamics
- Capacity to develop and design course curricula
- Particular interest in working in the Charity/Not-For-Profit sector desirable
- Personable, honest, diligent and hardworking
- Efficient, organised and pays attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a small team in a strengths- based manner
- Passion for developing others and self
- Good IT skills and experience with office systems (e.g. CRM System, Survey Monkey etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in verbal & written English
- Full, clean driver’s licence
This role will be a full-time contract, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5 pm and will be based in our Cork office. The contract will be for 12 months initially with the possibility of extension. A 3-month probationary period applies. Salary is dependent on experience.
Interviews will take place on the last week of February with a view to the position commencing in March 2020. Interested candidates should forward a copy of their cover letter and CV by 5 pm on Wednesday 12th February to Stacey Walsh, Communications and Relations Executive, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Ag Eisteacht visit our website www.ageisteacht.com