NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
IES Abroad Dublin
Job Title: Programme Associate
Date: 15 November 2019
Application details: CV and cover letter should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 December 2019
About IES Dublin:
IES Abroad is an American not-for-profit study abroad organisation. We educate students to become global leaders through premier study abroad and internship programs, which offer students worldwide experiential learning opportunities that meet the highest standards of academic quality. IES Abroad Dublin, based in Rathmines, is currently recruiting for a Programme Associate to provide administrative support to our programmes.
To assist in making arrangements for all customized programmes (short-term programmes) including:
- Creating schedules for programmes visiting Dublin and making relevant bookings for housing, classrooms, orientations, activities, trips and events
- Planning, developing and implementing field trips
- Providing any and all administrative support for all customised programmes, including ensuring all student paperwork is in place, creating welcome packs, documenting any issues that arise
- Accompanying student groups on business and cultural visits and on student activities; arranging leap cards and tickets; managing bookings etc.
- Assisting in creating proposals for future programmes
- Providing high quality customer service to students and faculty
- Working on occcasional one-off projects and providing general support for Assistant Director
- Maintaining a helpful and pro-active presence at all times
To support Student Affairs team in all aspects of student affairs operations including:
- Providing support in matters relating to student housing in collaboration with the Student Affairs Coordinator
- Assisting in design and implementation of a coherent orientation programme and materials, with a focus on the general transition to a new academic and cultural environment to include welcome and farewell events for students
- Responsibility for completing and updating student records and communicating updates to relevant parties
- Making all arrangements for field trips and communicating up to date information to students regarding trips.
- Attending field trips and events as a lead staff member. Field trips constitute weekend work for which overtime or toil will be offered
- Assisting students needing medical attention by referring them to local healthcare providers
- Assisting with centre social media
- Taking the 24/7 on-call phone as required (on a rota basis)
- Fluency in English
- Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 1-2 years administrative experience
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills
- An interest in international education
- Excellent knowledge of Dublin and ability to lead groups around the city.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to strict deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience working with American/Japanese/Chinese students
- Experience living/studying abroad
€28,000-€31,000 commensurate with experience.
Full-time, permanent with standard probationary period. Work permit required.