Reporting to: Manager of Terenure Enterprise Centre
Purpose: To be part of the Terenure Enterprise Centre team and assist in successfully delivering a range of IT based workshops and courses to our over 55’s Active IT Society members. This role is an important and appropriate service as defined in Terenure Enterprise Centre’s strategic goals.
Location: Dublin 6w (based in Terenure Enterprise Centre & occasional off-site work in Co Dublin)
Terenure Enterprise Centre aims to “Inspire, encourage and support the local community to innovate, collaborate and achieve their goals.” The centre is a long-standing community owned facility. Established in 1984 by volunteers as a community response to high unemployment in the area, the centre now employs eight skilled and committed staff who form the core team with a select number of expert contract trainers to complement the diversity of training skills on offer.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Researching, developing and delivering IT training workshops and courses to our Active IT Society members and other client groups as required
- Maintain records, provide detailed reports, and participate in reviews/evaluations
- Undertake relevant inhouse training to achieve proficiency in the technologies we use in our operations
- Assist in promotion of activities for the centre
- Participate in strategic review and planning
- Contribute to the timely and accurate customer information on CRM system – Salesforce
- Supporting the Manager and your colleagues to ensure the organisation is running effectively and efficiently
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR TRAINER ROLE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written), with the ability to train individuals, small and large groups
- Flexible, proactive, and solution orientated approach to problem solving
- Strong organisational skills with ability to take on multiple tasks and see all through to finish
- An understanding of the voluntary and community sectors
- Experience of working with a range of office IT systems e.g. Microsoft Office, email, internet
- Qualification and/or experience in designing and delivering relevant IT-based training courses from one session workshops to multiple session courses
- Qualification and/or experience supporting the development and running of community-based initiatives
- Experience of working with people with a disability, older persons or those from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Experience of using interactive media for training and presentations
- Knowledge of social media promotional strategies would be an advantage
- Any additional creative/ tutoring skills would be an advantage
Please Note; Applicants must currently fall into one of the following categories: Unemployed persons in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit, jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family payment, Persons in receipt of disability allowance (or other disability benefit), invalidity pension or blind persons pension, Travellers in receipt of jobseekers’ benefit or jobseekers’ assistance or one parent family benefit, Stabilised and recovering drug misusers. People currently employed in Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible to apply.
- Shortlisting may apply
- Applicants selected for interview will be required to prepare and deliver a short five-minute presentation on a topic of their choice
- Terenure Enterprise Centre is an equal opportunities employer
- Garda vetting will apply
Terms and Conditions
Hours: 24 hours per week
Renumeration: €14,352 - €15,600 per annum depending on experience
This position is subject to the satisfactory completion of 3 months’ probation period. The company may decide to extend this probationary period.
This contract may be renewed annually in December, subject to funding from Pobal.
How to Apply
Please send your C.V. and a one page cover letter by email to the manager at email@example.com
Alternatively, post to: Manager, Terenure Enterprise Centre, 17 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure, Dublin 6w
Closing Date: Friday the 4th of October 2019 at 3pm