The Greenhills School Completion Programme operates across 3 schools (1 Post-Primary and 2 Primary) in the Greenhills area. The main aim is to positively impact upon the attendance, participation and retention of young people in school. Through this work, the outcomes of the programme which we work towards, is to assist young people to complete the Leaving Certificate or to achieve an equivalent qualification.
The programme is seeking to employ a Part Time Project Workers on a fixed-term (1 Year) contract, ending on August 31st 2020. The successful candidate will be working directly with young people considered at risk of early school leaving across the three schools in our cluster.
Qualifications and Experience;
- A third level qualification in creative therapies, education, social science, youth work or related discipline.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Practical experience of working with young people.
- A non judgemental, creative and positive attitude, with an ability to work within a flexible and child centred approach, on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- An understanding of the Irish Education System,
- An understanding of Educational Disadvantage and disadvantaged communities.
- The ability to develop, facilitate and evaluate educational and skills-based programmes.
- The ability to develop personalised programmes for targeted pupils presenting with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Experience of social skills/interpersonal skills/self-esteem building programmes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.(including IT proficiency)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to build good relationships with young people, their families and professionals.
- An understanding of strategies that helps children to attend, participate and stay in school.
Hours: 24 hours per week, over three days.
Salary: The salary will be in-line with the City of Dublin Youth Services Board Youth Work Scale.
In accordance with The National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016, e-vetting will be a requirement for the successful candidate.
Application is by Application Form and cover letter. Please send all applications by post to: Chairperson, Greenhills SCP, Limekiln Ave, Walkinstown, Dublin 12 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for application is Thursday 26th September 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews will take place the week of the 9th October 2019.