NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The School Completion Programme serving Ballinteer and Ballyboden invites applications for the position of part time Project Worker. This is a fixed term contract for 30 hours per week and is from Sept 2019 to May 2019 inclusive.
The School Completion Programme supports children and young people both in and out of school to remain in Education. Its aim is to improve school attendance, participation and retention.
The Project Worker will work alongside the Coordinator providing support to children and young people in school, after school and during school holidays in Ballyboden and Ballinteer.
The position will be based in two schools; Scoil Mhuire Ballyboden and Ballinteer Community School.
Essential skills required
- A third level qualification in Social care/ social science, Youth/community work, Education or a related discipline.
- Ability to develop and deliver programmes to meet the needs of children and young people.
- Experience of working with young people within a supportive environment either in one to one or group settings.
- Experience of working with families and young people at risk.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Reasonable knowledge of technology.
- A good understanding of the Irish education system.
- To report and work under the direction of the Coordinator.
- Provide direct support to the children and young people under the School Completion programme and develop appropriate interventions.
- Assist in the organisation and delivery of in school, out of school, after school and holiday time supports for the targeted young people.
- Liaise with the relevant agencies with regard to families and children.
- Comply with Tusla guidelines in relation to report writing/ planning and record keeping.
- Facilitate a breakfast club for a group of children in Primary school every day.
- Facilitate a weekly break club for Second level students.
- Provide direct support to children and young people under the school completion programme
- Candidates must have a clean driving licence and use of a car
- Salary is €16.50 an hour and candidates must be available to work mornings.
Please apply via email with a cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday the 18th of September 2019.
Interviews for this position will be held on Thursday the 26th of September 2019.