NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Accessing College Education CLG. is an initiative funded by the Department of Education and Skills which provides a range of support to a targeted group of senior cycle post primary students in West Tallaght.
ACE wish to recruit a Programme Co-ordinator, the position is part time with flexible hours.
Candidates should have the following abilities:
- Third level qualification in education/community development and or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the secondary school system, particularly the leaving cert programme
- An understanding of the issues regarding access to and participation in third level education, for students from areas of disadvantage in Ireland.
- Knowledge of the Irish Education system and progression routes within it.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks.
1. Administration of all financial records:
Preparing quarterly financial reports, overseeing and managing budget, ensuring drawdown of DES funding each year, issuing of all cheques, prepare projected expenditure as and when necessary.
2. Resourcing the Management Committee and Sub Committee:
Convening all meetings, setting agenda, minute taking, maintaining all records.
3. Liaising with school co-ordinators, educational home visitors, 3rd level institutions and other key personnel:
To ensure the continued development of the programme, to identify gaps, make recommendations for the further development of the programme for the students benefit.
4. Student Support Programme:
Work with ACE sub committee to support the development of in-school ACE programme, organise Easter Revision courses, Oral Language Exams and trips to the Gaeltacht for ACE students.
5. Parent Support:
Work with school co-ordinators and educational home visitors to ensure all parents are fully informed about the ACE programme each term, co-ordinate parent information sessions to ensure parents have clear information on a range of issues relevant to their child entering 3rd level education
6. Monitoring and Evaluation:
Ensure there is systematic monitoring, evaluation and review by provision of quarterly and annual reports to the ace management committee and also by reviewing courses with students.
Attending relevant seminars, conferences, workshops when necessary.
8. Investigate new sources of funding and or scholarships by developing links with corporate bodies.
9. Other duties as agreed in conjunction with the Management Committee.
c.v. by email or post:
Accessing College Education
C/O St Aidan’s Community School
Brookfield, Tallaght D24.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 13th September at 3pm.