NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
(Job Reference Number: QVBPW3)
The Quarryvale/Balgaddy School Completion Programme operates across 5 schools (1 Post-Primary, 4 Primary) in the Clondalkin area. The main aim of the programme is to assist young people to complete the Leaving Certificate or to achieve an equivalent qualification. This aim is achieved by positively impacting upon the attendance, participation and retention of young people in school.
The programme is seeking to employ a Project Worker (25-35 hrs p.w.) on a fixed-term (Until August 2020) contract to work mainly across 2 primary schools. The successful candidate will be working directly with young people considered at risk of early school leaving.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Recognised third level qualification in Youth, Community, Social Work or Education
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programmes
- Ability to self-evaluate and critically reflect upon own work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, the ability to write reports, collect and collate data.
- Ability to facilitate group work and one-to-one sessions with students aged 5-18
- Knowledge of the Irish educational system
- Full clean driving licence and use of car
- Skills and abilities which can be brought to the role (e.g. Sport/Art/Music/IT)
- Experience of delivering programmes to young people
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work from own initiative
- Commitment to supporting the positive development of young people at risk of early school leaving
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to the role
Applications consisting of a CV and cover letter must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 1pm Wednesday 11th September 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 19thth September 2019. The job reference number should be included in both the cover letter and the email subject line.
Salary will be in line with the CDYSB Youth Worker Salary Scale. Successful Candidates will have to complete the garda e-vetting process.