Suas is an international NGO focused on children’s literacy. Our mission is to transform the lives of children and young people through education. We currently run programmes in Ireland, India, Zambia and Kenya.
In Ireland Suas works in designated disadvantaged (DEIS) schools, providing literacy support for 8 to 14 year olds who are struggling with reading and writing and maths. We target our interventions in the most disadvantaged (urban band 1 DEIS) schools in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford, and we recruit, vet and train volunteer mentors to deliver the support.
We are now recruiting a Junior Project Manager who will support the delivery and development of Suas’ work in disadvantaged schools in Ireland in the 2019-20 school year.
The role-holder will work with a team of project managers and report to the Head of Programmes. The role is a fixed-term contract for 12 months with likelihood of extension and a six-month probation period.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Support the overall delivery of the Suas programme especially the recruitment, vetting and training of volunteers:
- Assist with the design and implementation of volunteer recruitment campaigns/activities
- Ensure volunteers are Garda vetted as quickly as possible through prompt processing of applications and follow up with volunteers as appropriate
- Assist with volunteer training through preparation of volunteer materials/packs and participation in in-person training and briefing sessions as necessary
- Assist with ongoing communications with volunteers through set up and monitoring of dedicated WhatsApp groups and/or routine emails through our customer relationship management system Zoho One
- Assist with programme monitoring and evaluation through scheduling and administration of pre- and post-intervention tests and surveys of child participants, volunteer mentors and school staff, and collation of data
- Ensure all data is managed in a way that is compliant with the Suas Data Protection Policy and GDPR requirements.
2. Manage the delivery of Suas interventions in 5-10 partner DEIS schools
- Manage ongoing relationships with partner school staff and volunteer mentors in assigned schools
- Liaise with school staff to set up Suas interventions for assigned schools (including scheduling of interventions, selection of child participants)
- Lead the recruitment, vetting and training of volunteer mentors for assigned schools
- Monitor the implementation of the Suas interventions and effectively manage risks and issues as they arise
- Use key project management methods to ensure the Suas interventions are delivered on time, within budget and to the required standards.
3. Support with other activities as required including
- Responding to call / queries from volunteers, school staff and members of the general public
- Delivery of graduation events which bring together key programme stakeholders on a termly basis.
- Motivated to improve educational outcomes for children in disadvantaged settings
- Results-oriented with strong organisational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Administration and/or project management experience
- Familiarity with educational support interventions eg Paired Reading
- Knowledge and understanding of Irish civil society and charities sector
Applications including CV and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 22nd August 2019. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at time of application.