AHEAD, The Association for Higher Education Access and Disability
AHEAD, a national centre for inclusive education and employment is looking for an Executive Director to lead the organisation.
AHEAD is an NGO with a strong track record of creating inclusive learning environments in education and employment so that students with disabilities can succeed. The purpose of the role is to lead the organisation and ensure that the team is focused on delivering on its mission and achieving its strategic goals.
- Have a recognised third level qualification, e.g. Degree and Masters level. Have a least three years’ experience in a senior role within an educational environment.
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social justice issues and of the third level sector and how students with disabilities are supported within it.
- Have a deep understanding of the national strategy in higher and further education in relation to access and disability.
- Demonstrate an ability in project management, communication and in managing budgets and allocating resources.
- Have a knowledge of governance in H&S, Data Protection and Company Law and to operate at Board level.
- Have a successful track record in building and maintaining collaborative partnerships with key external and internal stakeholders within education and Government at a national and local level.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership to strengthen relationships with the membership and staff of AHEAD
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to communicate the message of inclusion both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate an understanding of running a small organisation.
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid as per DIT Senior Lecturer 1 Salary Scale.
Please apply by sending a letter of application along with your CV before close of business on Wednesday, 31st July, 2019 to: email@example.com