STUDENT LIFE OFFICER, IRELAND PROGRAMMES
Arcadia University – The College of Global Studies
This full time, Dublin-based position will suit qualified individuals seeking a dynamic and challenging role in international education. The successful candidate will join the small Arcadia University, College of Global Studies Dublin-based team in developing and delivering Arcadia University study abroad programmes in Ireland for US university students.
The Student Life Officer’s primary roles are student-facing and developmental; a significant amount of travel throughout Ireland in support of Arcadia students studying on Irish university campuses with a focus on co-curricular excursions and cultural trips balanced alongside a number of Dublin and centre-oriented responsibilities. The use of social media and blogging will be central to maintaining student contact, informing students of events and relaying information. This role will also be responsible for carrying the after-hours emergency phone on a rota basis..
This position is based in Dublin, involves considerable travel and entails frequent evening and weekend work.
The position requires a graduate with:
- Experience working with local and international students
- Event planning and event management experience;
- High level of flexibility and willingness to work outside of regular office hours;
- Knowledge of Irish higher education;
- Knowledge of Ireland and its regional places of interest;
- 2-3 years experience with office administration;
- IT skills including MS Office;
- Familiarity with/active use of social media including Instagram, blogging, Twitter and Facebook;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including group leadership;
- Excellent organisation and time management skills;
- Permission to work in the Republic of Ireland;
Desirable additional factors include:
- Experience of living overseas
- Experience in leading outdoor activities
- Salesforce CRM experience
- Full and clean driver’s license
This full-time position is based in Dublin. This position will report to the Assistant Director at Arcadia University in Ireland. The position will need to become familiar with regulations and procedures of The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University as well as Irish university resources and support services in order to support Arcadia University study abroad students in Ireland. It is expected that the successful applicant will develop their independence in the role over time, so that they are able to work with minimal supervision following completion of a probationary period. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the potential for such development.
Hours: This is a full-time position with evening and weekend work frequently required. This position will also be required to handle the after-hours emergency phone on a rota basis
Student Life and Support, including emergency response (60%)
Shared duties with the Dublin based staff include communications with students, presentations at orientations, airport pickups and emergency phone coverage, the incumbent will perform specific tasks such as:
- Together with the Assistant Director, foster a sense of community among the students at the Dublin Centre and among students participating in co-curricular activities.
- Attend and participate in extra and co-curricular events with students;
- Facilitate student accommodation move ins
- Attend farewell events around Ireland
- Preparing student information packs to facilitate student adjustment
- Administrative support for custom and internship programmes;
- Handle the 24/7 emergency phone support service along with other Dublin Center staff and relay serious incidents to the Resident Director for resolution
- Understand and be familiar with student health and other resources
Office Administration (25%)
- Assist and support keeping of student records;
- Ordering office supplies and stationary;-
- Accommodation booking for Arcadia staff and visitors;
- Printing and assembling orientation materials;
- Reception coverage;
- Other duties as required by the Resident Director
Social Media (15%)
- Draft Weekly blog entries and coordinate social media submissions from staff and students as requested by the Marketing team
- Setup and support social media pages
- Run student competitions
Interviews will commence the week beginning 24th June 2019 and will remain open until position filled.
Anticipated Start date: 1 August 2019
Annual salary range: €29,500-€32,400 plus benefits
All applicants please send a cover letter and CV to Thomas Kelley at email@example.com