NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Aviation Management Lecturer
Tutor will teach on our part-time and full-time courses.
You must be available to tutor during the day time.
Portobello Institute is seeking to appoint a lecturer with appropriate academic experience and / or a professional with practical experience of Airline / Airport operations management or experience in Aviation Finance and business development strategy to join our current team.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of our postgraduate certificate in Aviation Management.
Founded in 1981, Portobello School has unrivalled experience in providing intensive post leaving certificate training to students of all ages. All courses have been designed to meet the demands of wide and expanding industries where employment is ensured for successful graduates. The company has expanded and now offers courses in over 30 venues nation-wide and has a student number of approximately 2000 per annum. The team operating the college are young, dynamic and very enthusiastic about education and the opportunities it gives people. We are dedicated to career and lifestyle education.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Teaching and assessment
- Curriculum and learning material development
- Student support and liaison
- Maintenance of professional accreditations
Teaching Council Registration is desirable.
- Ideally educated to at least Masters level or with appropriate professional qualifications and equivalent experience
- Teaching or training delivery experience is desired as you will need to share our passion for delivering a positive student experience that puts excellence in teaching and the learner at the heart of everything we do
- Excellent analytical, written & verbal skills and ability to demonstrate significant knowledge in your area of specialization
- Ability to work on own initiative, multi-task and be self-motivated
- Enthusiastic and dynamic teaching style and a commitment to supporting and encouraging learners to reach their full potential.
- Up to date maintenance of all paperwork in accordance with Portobello Institute, for example class plans and student attendance records
- The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate strong analytical, oral and written communication skills and will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge in your area of specialization
- The candidate will be required to carry out assessment, monitoring and evaluation of examinations work and provide academic and consultative support to students in their learning activities.
- To liaise with the relevant course director in relation to any issues that may arise
- Support students with notes and necessary information in accordance with the syllabus and recommended book list
- The candidate will play an active role in programme development, reviewing modules and teaching, learning and assessment strategies
- Successful candidates will be encouraged to become research active. Experience of working on applied research projects or contracts, as well as participation in professional practice / consultancy will be advantageous.
Payment: DOE, Competitive
Terms Contract / Temporary, Part-time
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com