Prospect Development Analyst
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and alumni engagement activities to support University College Dublin in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Prospect Development Analyst to support our Development team prepare for the critical next stage in our fundraising strategy. It’s a key time for a successful and growing team with ambitious plans for the future of University College Dublin (UCD). Deep analytical & polished research skills like yours will be pivotal to achieving our goals.
The Prospect Development Analyst will play an essential role in our fundraising efforts and will lead on prospect research and management, providing direction on these areas to assist the team in utilising UCD Foundation’s intelligence through the management of data visualisation and other tools.
They will work closely with all members of the team to identify the most appropriate assignment for major gift prospects and to develop cultivation strategies while utilising prospect management skills to develop successful cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
This position is responsible for applying independent judgement to plan, organise, and perform a wide variety of administrative and technical duties in support of the projects and goals within UCD Foundation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identify potential donors, classify prospects according to interest, university affinity, and financial giving capacity for follow-up by fundraisers.
- Research individuals, corporations and charitable trusts using a variety of resources including international news, biographical and financial databases.
- Provide high-quality profiles and briefings to Senior Leadership across UCD, telling the stories of our closest and highest profile alumni and friends. Ensure all data is logged onto our CRM, Raiser's Edge.
- Complete requests for research from the development officers
- Regularly update Raiser's Edge donor/alumni database constituent records with information obtained through research.
- Evaluate research tools and emerging technologies and keep abreast of trends in the field of prospect research.
- Adhere at all times to Data Protection Legislation, operating transparently, respecting the wishes of all donors, prospective donors and Alumni.
- Follow industry best practice moves management systems to track the progress of the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship initiatives with prospects and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Use intelligence to recommend new approaches and solutions to problems, issues and situations related to the strategic cultivation and stewardship of prospects/donors through the prospect pipeline
- Monitor contact report activity and coordinate with the Advancement Manager and Heads of Units to ensure consistent and timely completion.
- Participate in prospect management meetings in collaboration with team members, including the development and drafting meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
Data Visualisation, Reporting and Management
- Analyse and organise information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Collaborate on data and information management including specialised components such as but not limited to, data mining and analytics, predictive modelling, enterprise data management and constituent, trend, and performance reporting.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to support the tracking and recording of metrics to advance and enhance UCD’s fundraising strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the Data team in the development and implementation of strategies to identify new prospective donors and provide clear, easy-to-use reporting across UCD Foundation.
- Work with Raiser’s Edge, our CRM database, to provide research insight that will help us build great relationships with our alumni, as well as maintain detailed and accurate records
Performs other secondary duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to a degree level
- Proven skills in written communication, data analysis and problem-solving
- Flexibility and the ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
- A good grasp of databases and spreadsheets
- Strong, demonstratable skills in data analysis
- Experience of using Business Intelligence or Data Visualisation tools
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- A background in prospect research or philanthropic fundraising
- Knowledge of an educational environment
The Prospect Development Analyst will be appointed on the following scale, €28,000 - €42,000 per annum, plus 10% PRSA, commensurate with qualification and experience.
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter outlining their relevant experience in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 4 June 2019.