School Completion Programme Coordinator required for the Donaghmede, Ayrfield, Edenmore SCP, based at Donahies Community School, Dublin 13.
- Identifying and responding to the education welfare needs of targeted young people
- Enabling and empowering young people to fully participate in their own formal education.
- Keeping up to date with local, regional and national developments in the education and welfare sectors, in relation to both policy and practice.
- Engaging the target group and enabling them to develop skills for them to effectively participate in the school environment.
- Designing, organising, implementing, monitoring and evaluating support programmes for targeted groups in school, after school, during school holidays and not in full-time education.
- Operating efficient office procedures and administration systems and to submit all relevant reports on time.
- Working collaboratively/ networking with the relevant education professionals to identify the young people to be targeted for the Project and to plan coordinated interventions for them.
- Planning your work schedule and set targets in consultation with the Local Management Committee (LMC) and Tusla.
- Reporting to the LMC and Tusla, attending meetings and preparing written reports as required for the LMC, Tusla and other funders.
- Undertaking any other work relevant to the development of the programme as may arise and managing any staff.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
E= Essential D= Desirable
- Education to National Diploma or Degree standard in education, youth/community work, psychology, social science/social care or related discipline E
- A minimum of 1 year relevant work experience E
- Paid or voluntary, experience working with young people D
- Access to a car and full driving licence E
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to liaise with a wide range of contacts and build and maintain effective working relationships E
- Ability to be proactive, use own initiative and work effectively within a pressurised environment E
- Strong communicator and team player E
- Positive and flexible approach to team working E
- Good written communications skills E
- Good computer skills. D
All replies should be marked for the attention of:
Mr Peter Keohane, Principal, Donahies Community School, Streamville Road, Dublin 13.
The closing date for applications is 07th June 2019.