ALUMNI RELATIONS OFFICER COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE
The Mission of the UCD Development and Alumni Relations Department is to create a mutually beneficial alumni development programme that will strengthen and engage our global alumni community and support the University’s vision for years to come.
An opportunity has arisen for an Alumni Relations Officer to support the College of Engineering and Architecture in engaging with their alumni. There are six Schools in the College, covering the engineering disciplines of Biosystems and Food, Civil, Chemical and Bioprocess, Electrical and Electronic, Mechanical and Materials and Architecture, Planning and Environment Policy. Graduates from the College are a diverse community of more than 19,000 innovative, influential professionals who shape and change the world for the better.
We are looking for an enthusiastic communicator with a passion for event management, to join our dynamic team. You will be working in a close-knit, inclusive environment and with a team which encourages innovative thinking and collaboration. Your role primarily will be to forge strong relationships with alumni and friends of the College of Engineering and Architecture, with your success being measured through KPI’s based on the ongoing enhancement of relationships with alumni, the College and Schools.
Reporting directly into the Associate Director of Alumni Relations you will create a close working relationship with colleagues in the College of Engineering and Architecture, the College Principal, Heads of School, College Office Manager, support staff, the Engineering Graduates Association and other key internal UCD stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
Coordination of the Alumni Engagement Strategy
- The Coordination and implementation of a multi-channel alumni relations engagement strategy including; events, targeted emails, quarterly alumni ezine and social media content designed to engage alumni with the College
- To support the UCD Engineering Graduates Association with events and communications throughout the year.
- To establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, nationally and internationally
- To promote the alumni community to current students, staff and other key stakeholders
- Develop and manage a volunteer engagement programme for the College in key regions, to create volunteer opportunities for alumni offline and online, with the Alumni Relations Volunteer Coordinator
Events and Communications Management
- Plan, oversee and implement the delivery of College alumni communications.
- Support pan-alumni events including; the UCD Festival and the UCD Alumni Awards
- The development and support of School specific engagement events.
- Coordination of all communications with alumni and where relevant with colleagues across the University.
- Collaborate on the delivery of a major increase in global alumni engagement through a variety of engagement tools with support from the Global Alumni Relations Coordinator and the Alumni Network online platform
- Management and implementation of milestone reunion events
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; develop plans to gather accurate and complete alumni details; capture quality contact data, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Collaborate closely with Regular Giving and Development Colleagues in creating a pipeline of donors for the College in line with future Campus Development Plans
The suitable candidate will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
- A background in alumni relations, volunteer management, careers, event management and/or communications
- 3 years relevant experience working in a busy environment utilizing digital communications
- Experience in event management, budgeting and payment systems
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage several competing projects at a time while communicating frequently and concisely with managers and stakeholders
- Motivated, flexible and possess ability to use own initiative in a busy working environment
- Ability to work with others and creatively engage with colleagues and volunteers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database
- Strong computer skills including online platforms – events, email, networks and databases
- Degree in a relevant discipline
An attractive remuneration package is available for this post. Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter in the first instance to: email@example.com by Monday 29 April 2019.