Finglas Community Training Centre provides educational and vocational training programmes and support services to Early School Leavers aged 16-21. The Board of Directors of Finglas CTC invites applications for the post of:
Full time Catering Instructor
The role of the Catering Instructor is to deliver training modules in Catering Skills and prepare learners for progression to further education / training or employment by supporting them to achieve a QQI Major Award at level 4.
Applicants should possess:
- A recognised diploma/trade level qualification and significant experience of working with young people.
- Excellent administration, communication and interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and have an ability to work on their own initiative.
- An understanding of the issues that cause early school leaving, possess a learner-centred approach to the work and have the ability to provide guidance and leadership to learners.
- An ability to work as part of a team including other CTC staff, parents, external partners, employers, as well as the ability to deal with statutory agencies and meet deadlines.
- An awareness of QQI and the National Framework of Qualifications.
- A working knowledge of the key state agencies who work with early school leavers.
This is a permanent 35 hour a week daytime position. The salary is as per national agreed CTC Instructors rates which are €31,652 to €56,473. Starting salary is generally at point 1 of the pay scale. A pension scheme is supported by the employer.
Applications to include a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae can be posted to
Finglas Community Training Centre
Grove Industrial Estate
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 24th April.