UL Student Life, are currently recruiting for the following position:
Events & Engagement Co-ordinator
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 14000 students. We are currently recruiting for the following position: Events & Engagement Co-ordinator, part of the Student Engagement Team, reporting to the Head of Student Engagement. The position is full time; core office hours with a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as and when required and will be based at the Student Centre, University of Limerick.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Work as part of the UL Student Life staff team and closely with the Student Officers to deliver events based on student needs and trends
- Responsible for generating revenue from key events and the financial management of event budgets and department budget with financial reporting
- Having a good understanding of the entertainments industry, identifying and booking artists for up to four large stand-alone gigs each semester that may be held in a number of venues both on and off campus.
- Contributing to the development, planning and operation of Fresher’s, Charity Week and other festival events held on or off the campus.
- Working as part of the Student Engagement Team supporting the organisation and coordination of a variety of events on and off campus including: formal balls, daytime activities, clubs and societies activities, targeted social events and others as the ever-changing student market may demand.
- Ensuring that events are fully under control at all times as well as ensuring full compliance and maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing at all events including liaison with the University, Gardaí, fire service and other authorities to ensure best practice, UL Student Life and University policies are upheld
- Liaison with relevant University Departments including International Office, PCC and UL Sport collaborating on student events and activities as required. Also briefing Campus Security and Buildings & Estates on upcoming events, providing the necessary documentation and working to the mutual benefit of the University, UL Student Life and the Community Liaison Committee.
- Co-ordinating the work of the MnM student patrols, the event crew and the co-op placement and ensuring compliance with all HR and Health & Safety legislation
- Attend required team meetings and provide reports.
- Operate to a time and diary management system to maximise efficiencies
- Adhere to the HR & Health & Safety Policies in the Company.
- Other activities that may be assigned from time to time as part of the implementation of the Strategic Plan
Qualifications & Experience:
- A third level qualification in event management or a related field and / or significant relevant experience.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in using Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and WordPress experience in poster design and video editing would be desirable.
- Experience using social media on behalf of an organisation
- Experience of involvement with a Students’ Union or similar membership organisation is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, manage working time effectively and prioritise projects appropriately.
Personal Traits Required:
- Enthusiasm for working with and supporting students.
- Flexible, with a proactive working style. Constantly striving to offer excellent customer service.
- Availability to operate outside of core office hours
- Be independent, self-reliant, and able to work without close supervision.
- Have an open and flexible approach with the capability to build effective working
relationships with colleagues internally and externally
This is a full time position within UL Student Life, is part of the implementation of our Strategic Plan “Taking Giant Steps 2016-2020” and will be offered on an initial 12-month contract subject to a probationary period.
Salary scale €32,769 - €44,742 subject to experience
To apply please email a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mark your application as “Events & Engagement Co-ordinator”.
Closing date is Tuesday March 26th 2019 at 5.00pm
Interviews will take place on Monday April 1st 2019
Informal enquiries to Paul Lee on email@example.com