NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Temporary Project Worker (35 hours per week)
The School Completion Programme (SCP) funded by Tusla, aims to increase the numbers of young people staying in primary and second level school and in doing so improve the numbers of pupils who successfully complete the Senior Cycle, or the equivalent.
Holy Family Drogheda School Completion Programme encompasses 4 schools (3 primary and 1 post-primary). We aim to provide programmes to encourage students to reach their full potential in the education system.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Third level Qualification in one of the following: education/teaching, youth/community work, social care/science or a related discipline.
- Ability to develop programmes to meet the needs of our students.
- Knowledge of/experience in delivering manualised/evidence based programmes used with young people.
- Experience of working with young people within a supportive environment (in one to one settings and in group settings).
- Experience working with families and young people at risk.
- Excellent communication planning, organisational, networking and report writing skills.
- Be ICT proficient.
Under the guidance & supervision of the SCP Co-ordinator, a Project Worker’s duties will include the following;
- To report and work under the direction of the School Completion Programme management and the Co-ordinator in relation to all aspects of the project.
- To provide direct support to the targeted young people via participation in clubs and activities.
- To identify the needs of the students and develop appropriate interventions.
- To design, implement and evaluate structured individual, group work or whole class interventions/session to targeted children.
- To build relationships with target students.
- To assist in the organisation and to participate in the provision of in-school, out of school, after school and holiday time supports for the targeted young people.
- To organise and facilitate summer programmes, transfer programmes, homework and activity clubs as assigned by the SCP Co-ordinator.
- To liaise with relevant voluntary and statutory agencies to ensure maximum benefit to the targeted students.
- To assist with evaluations, reviews and future planning of the programme.
- To comply with Tusla Guidelines in relation to report writing/planning and record keeping of work undertaken.
- To be open to undertaking additional tasks as deemed necessary.
This Job Description is a guide to the general range of duties. It is not intended to be either definitive or restrictive and will be subject to periodic review.
Please be advised that a panel may be created should further job opportunities arise within the Project.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience. The salary scale is based on the ETB Youth Worker Salary Scale €30,362 - €46,514.
Applications: By way of CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 15/03/2019