Limerick Community Education Network (LCEN) is a representative network of providers and supporters of community-based adult education in Limerick City. It is 25 years in existence and is recognized locally and nationally as a highly effective model of community collaboration in the field of adult education.
LCEN is pleased to invite applications (by application form only) for the position of Part-Time Development Worker in Community Based Adult Education in Limerick City (17.5 hours p.w). This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic sector and to be part of an established network.
Community - Based Adult Community Education
- Promote the ethos and the concept of adult community education in the Regeneration areas of Limerick City.
- Build the capacity of volunteer-led groups to organise and promote community education in their local communities.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to engage hard-to-reach learners with a view to increasing the participation rates of young adults and under-represented target groups.
- Liaise with the range of education and training providers and all stakeholders (e.g. LCETB, PAUL Partnership, Limerick City and County Coulcil and HSE) in the provision of adult community-based education and training.
- Actively support LCEN member organisations to participate in Citywide initiatives including festivals and Limerick Lifelong Learning events.
- Support the development/implementation of relevant Quality Assurance procedures in community-based adult education.
- This position is subject to Garda Vetting
For application pack, email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 4pm Fri. Jan 25th 2019
Interviews will be held on Mon. Feb. 4th 2019
Limerick Community Education Network is an equal opportunities employer