Killinarden School Completion Programme
Project Worker, 6 month Contract
Killinarden SCP wishes to recruit a Project Worker on an initial six month full time contract.
The School Completion Programme (SCP), funded by Tusla, aims to increase the numbers of young people staying in primary and second level school, and in so doing, improve the numbers who successfully complete the Junior and Senior Cycles, or the equivalent.
The Killinarden School Completion Programme provides supports to 6 local schools (5 primaries, 1 post-primary), in Killinarden, Tallaght, Dublin, 24. We deliver programmes to vulnerable children and encourage them to reach their full potential in the Education System.
You will have
- Third Level Qualification in one of the following: social care/science, youth/community work, education/teaching or a related discipline.
- Ability to develop and deliver programmes to meet the needs of our students.
- Knowledge of Manualised/Evidence based programmes used with young people.
- Experience of working with young people within a supportive environment either in one to one or group settings
- Experience of working with families and young people at risk.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Reasonable knowledge of technology
Project Worker Role
Flexibility is a key requirement for any candidate given the nature of the work in SCP
Under the guidance & supervision of the SCP Co-ordinator, you will;
- Provide direct support to the targeted young people in various clubs and activities
- Identify the needs of the students and develop appropriate interventions.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of structured work with targeted children.
- Build trusting relationships with target students and families in conjunction with HSCL Teacher and other school staff
- Assist in the organisation and delivery of in-school, out of school, after school and holiday time supports for the targeted young people.
- Liaise with all relevant agencies to ensure maximum benefit for the targeted students.
- Assist with evaluations, reviews and future planning of programme elements.
- Comply with Tulsa Guidelines in relation to report writing/planning and record keeping
- Undertake additional tasks from time to time as identified by the SCP Co-ordinator.
Salary: Salary will be in the region of €15,000 for a 6 month contract. The successful candidate may be offered a further contract in Sept 2019 subject to continued funding and a positive review of performance.
Applications: Email Application Letter and CV with 2 referees to “The Chairperson, Killinarden SCP”, to email@example.com on or before Wednesday, January 23rd 2019.
Interviews will take place the week commencing January 28th 2019.
Shortlisting may apply and a panel may be formed.
In accordance with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016, Garda Vetting will apply to this appointment
Closing date for Applications: 5pm Wednesday, January 23rd 2019.