Digital Media and Communications Intern
About the INTO
The Irish National Teachers' Organisation (INTO), founded in 1868, is the oldest and largest teachers' trade union in Ireland. It represents more than 40,000 primary level teachers in the Republic of Ireland and both primary and post-primary teachers in Northern Ireland.
About the position
This is an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified digital marketing and communications professional to join an exciting, innovative and dynamic trade union, on a fixed term basis.
As the Digital Media and Communications Intern, you will be responsible under the direction of INTO’s Head of Communications for creating and producing content to support our engagement on web and social media channels. The principal responsibilities of the role include:
- Create timely, relevant and engaging content for our website and social media channels.
- Support the INTO’s online presence through social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc
- Develop and coordinate digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels utilising tools and techniques as appropriate, including e-mail, marketing, paid search, SEO and PPC
- Create high quality content for a range of online platforms (website, blog and social media)
- Develop and deliver video-based content for use on social media channels.
Relevant skills & qualifications
The successful candidate will be a recent graduate with up to one year’s experience.
- Degree level qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Marketing, Communications or previous work experience in a communication field in lieu of same.
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role would be an asset.
- Proficient knowledge of WordPress.
- Relevant experience including CMS, SEO, PPC, e-marketing, social media and analytics.
- Experience of digital content management.
- A good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of current online marketing trends and best practice.
- Excellent communication skills and good project management skill.
What we expect of the candidate
- Positive can-do attitude with a motivation to learn and share skills.
- Team player.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
This post is being offered on a temporary basis for a duration to be agreed with the successful candidate following interview.
This position will be offered at the Clerical Officer grade, with a starting annual salary of circa €25,000.
Applications, to include a cover letter and CV, should be emailed to email@example.com by 5:00PM on Monday 21 January 2019.