The School Completion Programme is a Department of Children and Youth Affairs initiative that aims to have a significant positive impact on levels of pupil retention in primary and post-primary schools. The appointed Project Worker will work with the project’s in-school, out-of-school, after-school and holiday supports and programmes.
The successful applicant will have:
- A recognised third level qualification in any of the following:
Youth/Community/Education/social sciences/Early years or related discipline.
- A minimum of one year’s paid or four year’s voluntary experience of working with children and young people-at risk in a supportive environment.
- Proficient at planning, implementing and evaluating programmes.
- Experience of working collaboratively with agencies.
- Proficient IT skills, report writing, data collection etc.
- A strong understanding of the principles of community development.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to children across the target group age range.
- Communication and facilitation skills/group work.
- The ability to plan and deliver educational/developmental/recreational programmes to individuals and groups.
- A full, clean driving licence and use of car.
This is a part-time, fixed term specific purpose contract until July 26th 2019 subject to funding. Payment in accordance to Department of Children and Youth Salary scales.
Job description available on Ardscoil Mhuire, Corbally website: http://www.asmlimerick.ie/
Application form and cover (4 copies required) letter by post only to:
Páirc School Completion Programme
Ard Scoil Mhuire
Closing date & time for applications 3pm on the 23rd January 2019
Funded by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs