NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Role Title: Virtual Classroom Moderator
Reporting To: Technology Moderator, Virtual Community College
Colleagues: Virtual Community College
Primary Responsibility: To facilitate the tutor in the delivery of modules on our higher education programme in an online context
VCC is at the forefront of online education provision in Ireland, offering community, further and higher education programmes to communities across the country. Delivered in blended format, our accredited and unaccredited courses aim to scale nationally the work of An Cosán, a community education centre that has served the community of Tallaght West for over thirty years. Our courses are delivered in partnership with community education centres across Ireland, allowing us to work together to increase student access, build capacity, share resources and demolish the digital divide affecting many adult learners. More information on VCC can be found at www.ancosanvcc.com
We are currently looking to build a panel of Virtual Classroom Moderators to work closely with our panel of tutors.
Our programmes are between 6 and 10 weeks long and the Virtual Classroom Moderators will be responsible for assisting our tutors in the delivery of weekly, 2-hour, live sessions on our video conferencing platforms; Blackboard Collaborate and Adobe Connect.
- Welcoming learners to the session
- Testing their audio headset
- Troubleshooting technical issues for tutors and learners
- Moderating the live discussions
- Managing the live sessions
The Moderator will:
- Atten in the use of Blackboard Collaborate and Adobe Connect to enable them moderate live sessions
- Provide two and a half hours synchronous moderation per session.
- Liaise with the Virtual Community College team
- Report to the VCC Educational Technologist
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance policy and procedures as outlined by IT Carlow and An Cosán Virtual Community College.
- Follow and Complete a Moderator Checklist for every class.
- Take some notes/live feedback in classes.
- Recording in class learner feedback and posting written feedback live
- Compiling a brief report post class
- Proven interest in supporting vulnerable learners.
- Excellent communicator.
- Confidence in using technology and supporting others in technology use.
- Must be available to work from VCC offices in Dublin City Centre (Ushers Quay).
- Fluent English essential.
- Able to type quickly.
- A relevant qualification at Degree level.
- Experience of live virtual classroom teaching or moderating would be an advantage.
- Experience of online learning, teaching or moderating also an advantage.
- Experience of troubleshooting or previous experience in a support/ tech support role.
- Experience working with vulnerable adult learners.
- Experience working within a community education context.
- Availability for day or evening sessions.
- Flexibility and ability to work on own initiative and co-operatively.
- Have multi-tasking, time management and excellent communication skills.
Rate of Payment: €50 per session
How to Apply:
Please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Jan 20th. Interviews to be scheduled from the week commencing 21st January.