NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Campus Engage Officer
Campus Engage, based at the Irish Universities Association (IUA), promotes civic and community engagement as a core function of Irish universities.
The IUA is the voice of the university sector and is committed to:
- clearly and publicly articulating the importance and value of university education
- acting as an advocate for the university system
- providing effective liaison and dialogue with the State and its agencies
- ensuring the system is resourced and prepared for the challenges of the future
- developing sectoral policies and strategies
- maximising the contribution of higher education in all its dimensions to society and the economy.
The IUA wishes to appoint a Campus Engage Officer to support the Campus Engage Programme Manager with the implementation of the Campus Engage 2019-2021 Work Plan. The main objective of this Work Plan is to support staff, students, and civic and civil society organisation (CSO) partners to embed, scale and promote effective practice in civic and community engagement across community-based teaching and learning, engaged research, student volunteering and impact.
Key responsibilities include:
Working as part of a small dynamic team, the successful candidate will support the Campus Engage Programme Manager by:
- Supporting the co-ordination of key sectoral projects and initiatives;
- Scaling existing activity across community-based teaching and learning, and student volunteering;
- Liaising with, and supporting Campus Engage Steering Committee and project group activity;
- Developing and disseminating Campus Engage reports and briefing papers;
- Coordinating Campus Engage national events;
- Delivering aspects of project management including: meetings, budgets, data management, documentation;
- Maintaining effective two-way communications across Camus Engage projects;
- Managing website, multimedia, social media, and regular information updates;
- Supporting strategic public affairs activity;
- Liaising with other third-party organisations as required;
- Supporting the Programme Manager with any other tasks as required from time to time.
As Campus Engage is a national initiative the Campus Engage Officer will be working with senior professionals as well as major networks of social innovation and social enterprise associates across Ireland.
This is an ideal opportunity for a passionate, innovative and achievement-focused team player, with the ability to make things happen autonomously.
- A proven interest in civic and community engagement and social innovation;
- Excellent, facilitation, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good attention to detail;
- Strong online CMS capabilities;
- Knowledge of latest online technologies Mailchimp, Canva, Survey Monkey and Eventbrite and social media;
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment;
- Experience working within a team, as well as working on own initiative;
- An excellent problem solver;
- A graduate with three years plus relevant experience.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research evidence to inform policy and practice;
- Familiarity with online tracking, analytics and SEO.
The role will be based at the IUA, with some travel in Ireland.
The position is offered on a full-time basis on a three-year fixed term contract, subject to a period of probation and meeting on-going performance requirements. It offers an excellent career opportunity for a positive, innovative and dynamic professional, with an attractive remuneration package on offer for the right candidate. Further details of the project are available at http://www.campusengage.ie/
A secondment arrangement for existing public-sector employees may be possible, subject to concluding an appropriate agreement between the IUA and the candidate’s current employer.
Please forward a detailed CV and cover letter, demonstrating the competencies and experience listed above, by post or email by 13th January 2019 to: Jennifer Cleary, HR Manager, IUA, 48 Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Applications submitted by or through third parties, including recruitment agencies will be rejected. IUA is an equal opportunities employer.