NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Suas Educational Development is an international NGO focused on education. Our vision is a world in which all children and young people have the opportunity to achieve their full potential. Our mission is to transform the lives of children and young people through education. We currently run programmes in Ireland, India, Zambia and Kenya.
Suas is contracted by Irish Aid to provide Facilitation and Public Awareness Services in support of Irish Aid’s Public Awareness Programme. To this end Suas is now recruiting a panel of facilitators who can be called upon to work as part of a dynamic, diverse team based in the Irish Aid Centre in Clonmel Street, Dublin 2 over the coming year.
The purpose of the facilitator role is to contribute to the achievement of the Irish Aid Public Awareness Programme by working as part of a team to deliver workshops for primary, secondary and third level students, support with public outreach events, respond to public queries and manage the stock and provision of Irish Aid materials.
The facilitator role is a fixed term, part time contract position for up to 1.5 years until the end of June 2020. The successful candidate(s) will work ~7-8 days per month on average, and will generally work half days (mornings), reporting to the Irish Aid Centre Coordinator. This role is an excellent opportunity for facilitators who enjoy working with a range of groups, are flexibile in their working arrangements and are keen to pursue their professional development as part of a small dynamic team.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Deliver the Irish Aid workshops, for primary, second and third level groups, and to a lesser extent for non-formal education groups in the Irish Aid Centre and other locations, as required
- Assist with the gathering of feedback from teachers and lecturers, and liaison and promotion with schools and colleges as required
- Assist the coordinator with managing, promoting and scheduling the primary, second and third level programme of workshops
- Provide assistance with the preparation of materials, set up, staffing, and dismantling of Irish Aid stands at outreach public events
- Respond to public enquiries on the work of Irish Aid and volunteering as required
- Assist the coordinator with the management of Irish Aid materials and publications in the Centre
- Assist the coordinator with the maintenance of administrative systems for data collection and organisation in relation to use of the Centre, including booking forms, calendars and feedback forms
- Qualification in Education or International Development or relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of development education principles and approaches
- Experience of working in an education or facilitation role including experience of working with children and young adults
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate as part of a diverse team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and related ICT skills
- Professional approach to work
- Ability to work efficiently and to deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly as required – the candidate must be available to work Monday to Friday and to travel to other locations periodically.
- Knowledge and understanding of Irish Aid and the Irish education system
- Experience of international development and/or international volunteering
- Drama or Music Skills (for workshops with Primary Level groups)
- Experience of project coordination and excellent project management skills
- Experience of people management and excellent leadership skills
Contract: Part time, fixed term (1.5 years)
Location: Dublin 2
Salary: €125 daily rate
How To Apply: Applications including CV and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com by closing date: Wednesday 16th January. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and only those shortlisted will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled accordingly.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at time of application.
A detailed job description is also available on our website here.