NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Educate Together invites applications from suitably experienced applicants for the position of Ethos Guidance Officer.
Educate Together is seeking a full-time fixed term (12 months) Ethos Guidance Officer to work in the National Office of Educate Together.
This role will have as its focus the development of guidance for Educate Together schools in good practice implementation of the Educate Together Charter. This will contribute to the concurrent development of an Educate Together school evaluation (quality) framework tool. The guidance will address the four pillars of the Educate Together Charter: Equality-based, co-educational, democratically run and learner-centered schools. It is expected that the guidance will be developed in consultation with all stakeholders in the Educate Together network and in conjunction with the Education and Support Programme team.
The Ethos Guidance Officer will work across the primary and second-level sectors within the Education & Support Programme and report to the Education & Support Programme Manager.
- Identification of effective forms of good practice guidance in Ireland and elsewhere and the assessment of the merits of their use in an Educate Together School.
- Aligning the development of guidance with the requirements of the Educate Together school evaluation (quality) Framework which is being developed separately at the same time.
- Collaboration with National Office staff (in particular, the Primary and Second-level Education Officers) to gather existing good practice in Educate Together schools in relation to:
- Equality-based education,
- Student participation in school management and leadership,
- Parental participation in school management and leadership,
- Ethical Education in the whole-school context,
- Mentoring and Guidance of leadership in Educate Together schools.
- Writing user-friendly guidance for Educate Together schools on the five areas outlined above. This will be based on gathered good practice; international and national good practice standards, and the piloting of guidance with several primary and second-level schools.
- Identification of relevant case studies.
- Coordination of a series of consultations with Educate Together stakeholders in relation to the development of the guidance documents and culminating in the coordination of a launch event.
- Professional qualification in education with a strong knowledge and understanding of the education sector in Ireland, preferably gained through the experience of teaching.
- Proven track record in developing curriculum, resource and/or guidance materials.
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrable commitment to equality-based schools and education.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently while managing projects on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Creativity, passion, flexibility and a positive work attitude.
- Willingness and capacity to travel within Ireland.
- The role is primarily based in the National Office of Educate Together - 35 hours per week for a fixed 12-month term. Annual leave is 26 days per annum pro rata full-time. Flexibility to work evenings and weekends is expected with time off in lieu provided.
- Salary will be based on Educate Together’s Specialist Officer scale (€45,900-€66,096). The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
- Applications should be in the form of a letter of application and CV (max 3 pages) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject of “Educate Together Ethos Guidance Officer Application”.
- Closing date for applications has been extended to Monday 14th January 2019.
- Short-listed candidates will be called to interview in the week beginning Monday, 21st January 2019.