ALUMNI RELATIONS AND FUNDRAISING OFFICER – UCD COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND LAW
UCD Foundation engages in fundraising and engagement activities with alumni and supporters to support UCD in its pursuit of world-class education, teaching, research and innovation. Six Colleges and their constituent Schools make up the academic structure of UCD.
An opportunity has arisen within UCD Foundation for an Alumni Relations and Fundraising Officer for the period of one year minimum, which supports the UCD College of Social Sciences and Law with a particular focus on engaging Social Sciences alumni globally. The College of Social Sciences and Law is the leading centre for education and research in the social sciences and related disciplines in Ireland. There are eleven Schools in the College which includes Archaeology, Economics, Education, Geography, Information and Communication Studies, Philosophy, Politics and International Relations, Psychology, Social Policy - Social Work and Social Justice, Sociology and Law. Graduates from the College are a diverse community of more than 8,500 innovative, influential professionals who shape and change the world for the better.
UCD Alumni Relations activity is embedded in the knowledge that a UCD degree is a passport for life which creates a lifelong connection between our graduates and the University. Your role will be to forge strong, mutually beneficial relationships with alumni and friends from Social Sciences, with your success being measured through KPI’s based on the ongoing enhancement of relationships with alumni, the College and Schools.
As we believe the relationship between our alumni and UCD Alumni Relations starts with our students the day they enter UCD, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive global alumni engagement strategy aimed at the full life cycle of our alumni aligned with the objectives of the College and the wider University.
Your primary objectives for the year will be work with the data team to grow the database of contactable alumni and to proactively build relationships with a strong network of alumni who will re-engage with the College by attending events, volunteering their time, giving philanthropically and engaging with online and offline communications. You will also grow the Regular Giving fundraising programme by identifying and cultivating highly engaged Social Sciences alumni to create a sustainable pipeline of donors.
Reporting directly into the Alumni Relations Coordinator (College of Social Sciences and Law), you will create and maintain close working relationships with colleagues in the College of Social Sciences and Law. This will include the College Principal, Heads of School, the College Office Manager and Marketing Manager, support staff and other key internal UCD stakeholders, such as UCD Career Development Centre.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
Relationship & Volunteer Management
- To establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, nationally and internationally
- To promote the alumni community to current students, staff and other key stakeholders
- Develop and manage a volunteer engagement programme for the College in key regions, to create volunteer opportunities for alumni offline and online, with the Alumni Relations Volunteer Coordinator
Development of an Engagement Strategy
- The development and implementation of a multi-channel alumni relations engagement strategy including an on-line social media strategy, regular printed publications, targeted emails, events as well as website content designed to engage alumni
- Participate and contribute to the Alumni Engagement Group, and to implement the agreed strategy for the College
Events and Communications Management – New Alumni, Professional Development and Pan-University Engagement Programmes
- Supporting College specific events in addition to pan-University events with a focus on Social Sciences alumni including the UCD Graduate Open Day in February, UCD Festival in June, the UCD Alumni Awards in November and International Women’s Day in March
- The development and support of new School/College specific alumni engagement events with a particular focus on targeting the life cycle audiences of New Alumni, Professional Development and UCD Spirit
- Coordination of all alumni tailored communications and where relevant coordinate with colleagues across the University through the UCD Alumni Engagement Group
- Collaborate on the delivery of a major increase in global alumni engagement through a variety of engagement tools with support from the Global Alumni Relations Coordinator and the Alumni Network online platform.
- Work with the in-house Data team to ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; develop plans to gather accurate and complete alumni details; capture quality contact data, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Work with the in-house Prospect Research Coordinator to create a pipeline of donors to support the future Campus Development Plans.
- Leverage the increased alumni engagement from your activity in order to devise, implement and drive fundraising at a Regular Giving and mid-level to create a pipeline of new donors for the College of Social Sciences and Law, with the support of the Regular Giving Team
- Develop warm-up strategy (utilising engagement and event activity) and supplement with a fundraising campaign plan to include a minimum of one campaign annually for all alumni that have been identified as warm prospects
- Work with the Data team to engage with alumni who we have lost touch with
- Collaborate closely with Development colleagues in cultivating a pipeline of major donors for future Campus Development Plans
The suitable candidate will possess the following experience and professional characteristics:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in direct marketing and mass communications, preferably in Alumni Relations/Fundraising
- Demonstratable experience in event management
- A high degree of computer literacy and experience of using a CRM database
- Highly developed organisational and multi-tasking skills, paying great attention to detail
- Understanding of online engagement strategies for alumni relations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record in cross department collaboration
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines and KPI’s, feeding into monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Motivated, flexible and ability to use own initiative and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Great interpersonal skills
- A Degree
This role is a 1-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
Salary scale €32,000-€40,000 – with potential future opportunities for growth as part of UCD Foundation’s performance development programme.
Interested applicants should apply with CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Final closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 26 October 2018.
For further information on the work that we do, please visit: