UL Student Life are currently recruiting for the following position:
Digital Media & Promotions Coordinator
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 15000 students at University of Limerick. We are currently looking for an experienced, creative and energetic Digital Media & Promotions Coordinator to join the team.
The position reports to the Head of Finance & Marketing and is full time, 35 hours per week, core office hours with a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as and when required.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- The successful management and coordination of the UL Student Life Digital Media and Marketing Strategy to enhance student engagement and provide information and advice in creative innovative ways.
- Manage and maintain editorial control of ULstudentlife.ie and all Social Media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat & YouTube ensuring content is posted daily, and all content is relevant and accurate.
- Generate revenue through a number of activities and media including weekly promotions in the Student Courtyard, advertising and sponsorship of events and in publications including the student newspaper An Focal, the Graduation Programme, the Student Handbook and other advertising opportunities as they arise.
- Maintain an effective communications network with the Student Officers, staff and students providing guidance on social media activity and promotions
- Graphic design and development of all marketing and promotion material used by UL Student Life online and offline
- Measure the impact of campaigns and services.
- Devising and maintaining the UL Student Life Digital Media and Marketing budgets.
- Database management of student contacts.
- Assisting the Events & Engagement Coordinator in pre-planning of events and activities
- Carry out any other duties which may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Relevant 3rd level degree in Digital Media, Multi Media, Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum of 2 years year experience of working in one of the above listed disciplines.
- Computer literate and proficient in Graphic Design, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator within the MAC Platform is essential and experience in video and photography is desirable.
- Experience with WordPress is essential.
- Experience designing graphics for both online and print is essential.
- Familiar with Hootsuite is an advantage.
- Familiar with Google Forms, Docs, Spreadsheets and Slides is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Ability to work flexibly, manage working time effectively and prioritise projects appropriately.
- Experience of involvement with a student representation organisation / Students’ Union or similar membership organisation is desirable.
Personal Traits Required:
- Enthusiasm for working with and supporting students.
- Flexible, with a proactive working style. Constantly striving to offer excellent customer service in a 3rd level environment.
- Availability to operate outside of core office hours
- Out-of-the-box thinker, we like to try new things here at UL Student Life
- Have an open and flexible approach with the capability to build effective working relationships with colleagues internally and externally
- Have the ability to work as part of a team, which includes staff and students.
This is a full time position within UL Student Life and is on offer as an initial 12-month contract. Salary scale €32,444 - €44,299.
To apply please email a letter of application and CV to email@example.com mark your application as Digital Media & Promotions Coordinator.
Closing date is Wednesday October 31st 2018 at 5.00pm.
Informal enquiries to Martin Ryan, General Manager, UL Student Life.