The School Completion Programme is a Department of Children and Youth Affairs initiative that aims to have a significant positive impact on levels of pupil retention in primary and post-primary schools. The appointed Project Worker will work with the project’s in-school, out-of-school, after-school and holiday supports and programmes.
The successful applicant will have:
- A recognised third level qualification in any of the following:
Youth/Community/Education/social sciences/Early years or related discipline.
- A minimum of one year’s paid or voluntary experience of working with children and young people-at risk in a supportive environment.
- Proficient at planning, implementing and evaluating programmes.
- Experience of working collaboratively with agencies.
- Proficient IT skills, report writing, data collection etc.
- A strong understanding of the principles of community development.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to children across the target group age range.
- Communication and facilitation skills/group work.
- The ability to plan and deliver educational/developmental/recreational programmes to individuals and groups.
- A full, clean driving licence and use of car.
This is a full time, fixed term contract until July 2019 subject to funding. Payment in accordance to Department of Children and Youth Salary scales.
Job description available by request to email@example.com
Applications form and cover letter by post only to:
Southill School Completion Programme
Gaelscoil Sheoirse Clancy
Closing date & time for applications 12noon on Wednesday 24th of October 2018.
Funded by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs