Léargas manage international and national exchange programmes in education, youth and community work, and vocational education and training. These exchanges connect people in different communities and countries, and bring an international dimension to the work of organisations across Ireland. We are the National Agency for Erasmus+ in Adult Education, School Education, VET and Youth. Léargas is a not-for-profit organisation (CHY 8317), wholly owned by the Department of Education and Skills.
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager and Executive Director, Léargas
JOB PURPOSE: Ensure the HR policies and procedures of Léargas are adhered to; provide functional and strategic support to the daily operation of all team and employees.
PAY GRADE: Equivalent to Higher Executive Officer (Standard) PPC grade; €47,552
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 August 2018
General Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for all employee queries and ensure timely and relevant responses
- Manage HR administration, including maintenance of job descriptions, personnel files, databases etc.
- Provide support and guidance to the management team in all aspects of HR regarding team management, including—but not limited to—recruitment, company policies and procedures, training, employee relations and implementing the public service Performance Management and Development System (PMDS)
- Liaise with the management team to implement HR policies and practices, update as necessary in compliance with new legislation and generate reports to share insights into HR trends in Léargas
- Monitor and manage absenteeism, probation periods, annual leave and hours of work, including administration of a time management database
- Ensure that the maintenance of HR records in Léargas meets GDPR requirements
- Manage recruitment, selection and new hire processes, ensuring that Léargas attracts and retains high-calibre candidates
- Organise new starter paperwork and deliver induction as appropriate
- Understand and play an active role in disciplinary and grievance procedures as needed
- Manage the leavers’ process and conduct employee exit interviews as appropriate
- Encourage a culture of employee engagement through effective and transparent communication throughout Léargas
- Ensure effective people management and the implementation of ad hoc initiatives to improve employee engagement and the working environment
- Be an advocate for HR best practice within the organisation
- Support the Finance Manager and the Health and Safety Officer with ad hoc projects
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar role
- Third-level HRM qualification; CIPD qualification is desirable
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to concrete deadlines and meet targets while prioritising competing demands
- Experience in, or willingness to learn about, training and facilitation in the fields of education vocational training and youth
- Must fit within a team that has a strong values-based approach to work
- Experience in recruitment is desirable
- Solid working knowledge of current employment law
- Excellent rapport building and conflict resolution skills
- Sound judgement with the specific ability to draw logical conclusions and set out appropriate solutions
Key competencies required
- Personal effectiveness
- Ability to balance employee needs and business needs
- Communication, both verbal and written
To apply, send your CV and a letter of motivation, by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:30 on the relevant deadline date. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
Note that in line with Government policy, new appointments must be made on the first point of the Civil Service PPC (post-95) payscales.
Léargas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.