Abbey Regional Addiction Service (ARAS) is a community-based drug & alcohol treatment service which provides services to over 18’s in Kildare and West Wicklow. ARAS’s vision is that individuals can meet their needs through positive life choices.
ARAS wishes to recruit the following positions:
1 x Project Worker (12-month fixed term contract)
1 x Project Worker (Fixed term contract until December 31st 2020)
Reporting to: The Manager
Hours of work: 35 per week
Location: Kildare & West Wicklow
Base: Newbridge. (will involve outreach work)
Salary: HSE Project Worker Scale.
- The role of key work, case management and interagency working in the delivery of psychosocial interventions to support service users to achieve their goals.
- Awareness of the issues faced by those who use addiction services.
- Understanding of the National Drugs Strategy; NDRIC Framework, Children First and other national/local policies which underpin service delivery.
- Experience of facilitating groups.
- Experience of facilitating assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating care-plans.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of addictive behaviours and recovery models.
- Knowledge and experience of administrative responsibilities in line with best practice and awareness of service responsibilities in relation to data processing and GDPR.
- To carry out thorough assessments of service user needs.
- To facilitate the development, implementation and review of care-plans as part of a key working and case-management approach in line with service user needs.
- To provide one to one evidence based key work interventions to individuals with substance use problems.
- To implement evidence-based approaches / programmes.
- To facilitate evidence-based group work.
- To make referrals to external services based on the service users needs.
- To participate in clinical and team meetings as required.
- To engage with individuals on an outreach basis as required.
- To collect and maintain client information in a confidential and professional manner and in line with organisational policies.
- To carry out all administrative tasks in line with organisational policies. This includes the maintenance of accurate service user case notes.
- To develop and present reports, statistics and other information as requested by the Manager
- Other duties as directed by the Manager.
- A third level qualification in addiction/social care/nursing/ or related field.
- Experience in working with service users with multiple and complex needs.
- Experience of case management
- Experience of ECASS/NDTRS
Contract of employment will be for 12 months or until December 31st 2020 subject to funding and the position offered.
Interested candidates should forward their CV along with a cover note to Monica McKenna at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 pm on the Thursday 27th February 2020. The cover note should (500 words maximum) explain how they meet the job description requirements.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place the week of Monday 2nd March 2020.
Applications will also be accepted by post as follows:
Should you have any other enquiries, please contact Monica McKenna on 045 488670.