Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading Irish national voluntary organisation?
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation which provides family support services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies.
We require dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality services possible to service users. We offer a challenging career as part of our integrated team approach to delivering services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader 30 Hours per week, based in Limerick Adult Day Services
The overall purpose of the Team Leader role is to work alongside the Centre Coordinator to lead a core team of adult support workers to provide a quality service that responds to the specific needs and priorities of the individuals we support. A key focus will be on promoting integration of the service users into the local community, facilitating access to programs and using a person centred approach in line with New Directions.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the delivery of appropriate and effective service to each service user as agreed with service user and staff team.
- Ensure that the highest standard of service user care is maintained and participate in the delivery of all supports required to enable service users to participate fully in activities of daily living, including personal care supports.
- To provide leadership and support to the staff assigned in line with policies
- To observe and respect the confidentiality and safety of service users and to safeguard their privacy, dignity and values in a professional manner.
- Contribute to the development of strategies for the implementation of new directions to meet the identified and emerging needs of the service users.
- To foster new partnerships and to establish links with local services which will enable service users to engage within their local community.
- To participate in and implement staff Personal Development Planning, Supervision and Individual Performance Management & Review for staff.
- Coordinate staff and ensure that duties, activities and programmes allocated to staff are carried out efficiently.
Please see Job Description for full list of duties
The successful candidate will have:
- On the live register of Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), RNID
Social care or other relevant health related qualification (level 8).
- Min 2 years previous experience working in a health or social care setting.
- Experience working with adults with physical and intellectual disabilities.
- Full clean driving license and willingness to drive service vehicles.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Have proven organisational, leadership, communication, interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Experience in community based services/programmes
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
Please download a copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Employment Application Form and forward the completed application form to: Edel Godley by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal Queries to Orna Maguire Centre Co-ordinator by email at email@example.com or by phone at 061301830
Please log on to www.Eanbleireland.ie and go to the careers section of our website where you can download an application form / job description / person specification and will find instructions on how to apply.
Closing date for applications: 1pm Friday 21st February 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment