KARE is an innovative and progressive voluntary organisation committed to providing an individualised service based on best practice to over 400 children and adults with intellectual disabilities and their families. The organisation is in existence 52 years and has developed and grown to provide a full range of high quality services in Mid/South Kildare, East Offaly, West Wicklow and North East Carlow. We work with each individual who uses the service to support them to develop their skills and abilities so that they can live the life of their choice.
KARE strives for continuous improvement and best practice in all it does. The organisation is accredited at European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Recognised for Excellence 5-star level and are the 2016 EFQM Ireland Excellence Award winners.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Human Resources Manager
Permanent full-time position
37 hours per week
The person appointed will be responsible for the strategic development and deployment of people management strategies and processes that are aligned to and support the overall goals and objectives of KARE. S/he will also be responsible for the management and development of all reporting staff and for the delivery of a responsive and effective human resources service to line managers and staff.
Requirements for this position
- Degree level qualification in human resource management (Minimum Level 7)
- Relevant post graduate qualification is desirable.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD)
- Experience of leading and managing the human resources function at a strategic level.
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of the:
- National human resources context, policies and trends
- Relevant employment legislation
- National context, sector policies and trends in the disability/non-for-profit field
- Be committed to the ethos and values of KARE
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and set priorities
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Full driving licence and use of own car
A detailed job description is available on request.
Salary is paid in accordance with the Department of Health Consolidated Salary Scales –Grade VIII.
Shortlisting based on the above requirements for the role will apply.
Informal Enquiries to: Deirdre Murphy, Chief Executive Officer: Telephone 045 448700
How to Apply
Please e-mail your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining how you meet the requirements of the role as specified above.
Closing date for applications is 5pm 28th February 2020
KARE is an equal opportunities employer committed to staff training and development.