Residential Support Worker (Full-time) – Day shift
Residential Support Worker (Relief) – Day and/or Night shifts
The Anne Sullivan Centre (ASC) located on Brewery Road, Stillorgan, Co Dublin, currently provides residential, respite, day and outreach support and care to people who are deafblind throughout Ireland. We are a small organisation providing intensive professional support to adults and children who are experiencing significant multi- sensory challenges. This necessitates a high level of specialised staff engagement with children and adults, who often have extremely complex needs and experiences that are unique to this demographic of the population. See http://www.annesullivan.ie for more information.
We continue Anne Sullivan’s legacy by empowering people who are deafblind to pursue meaningful, active and fulfilling lives. We do this by providing care, advocacy and support services in partnership with people who are deafblind, their families, statutory and non-statutory organisations and local communities.
Are you a kind, supportive person who enjoys working as part of a close-knit team?
If so, we would love to hear from you, for one of the following positions:
- Residential Support Worker (Full time) – Day shift
- Residential Support Worker (Relief) – Day and/or Night shifts
Please see the attached job description for further details.
Hours of Work
- As a Residential Support Worker (Full-time RSW) your working hours will be 39 hours per week worked on 5 days over 7 days, on a rolling roster.
- As a Residential Support Worker (Relief RSW) your working hours will be based on the roster requirements and your own availability, which we expect you will have on a regular basis.
- Minimum of QQ1 Level 5 in relevant field
- QQI Level 7 Degree in Social Care or a degree in a related discipline is desirable.
- Ideally a minimum of 6 months experience in a residential care setting.
- Experience providing Individuals with positive behaviour supports.
- Experience of implementing positive behaviour support programmes.
- Ability to demonstrate the skills required to work with Individuals who have combined vision and hearing loss.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via email to email@example.com General Enquiries can be made to Louise Smyth – HR on 01 2898339.
The Anne Sullivan Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer.