Position Title: CLAN Coordinator (Crosscare Links and Advice Network)
Agency/Programme: Crosscare Homeless Services
Location: Crosscare Arran Quay
Work Schedule: Full Time Position (38.5 hours per week)
Reports to: Manager, Amiens St
To lead the CLAN team with the aim to support people moving from Homeless services into independent living. To promote a peer led approach to tenancy sustainment and develop the service to support this. Secondly, to support Peer Mentor volunteers to develop skills and achieve their own personal goals around education and career.
- Support the CLAN team of Social Care Worker, Support worker and peer volunteers to provide housing related support to adults moving out of homelessness e.g. social welfare, tenant’s rights and responsibilities, connection with the community and building support networks.
- Case management of the CLAN clients from referral stage through assessment, development of individual plans, matching with peer volunteers and connections within the community.
- Liaising with landlords, local authorities and approved housing body staff to resolve tenancy issues.
- Supervision of the CLAN team including staff, volunteers and students.
- Development of peer mentor volunteers through training, goal setting, coaching and mentoring.
- Sourcing and managing funding applications from external funders for CLAN and the Community College and implement programs in line with funding requirements.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available for day-to-day costs and manage petty cash and volunteer expenses.
- Manage the ordering and distribution of support packages for clients
- Maintaining current programs and developing new programs within CLAN eg: Independent Living Skills, Tenant’s rights training, Social Club.
- Establish new programs as may be required within the area
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other support services in the community.
- To support Service User Involvement activities in Homeless Services.
- To promote CLAN in Homeless Services by attending team meetings, resident meetings and managers meetings.
- Recruitment and training of Volunteers and staff.
- To represent Crosscare at external meetings.
- To keep detailed, comprehensive records including outcomes, costs and spending and report back to funders.
- To work within the ethos and values of Crosscare
- To attend training relevant to the work
- To carry out any other duties assigned by your line manager
- At least 1 year Team Leader experience or 3 years Keyworking experience
- Experience working with people experiencing homelessness
- A relevant QQI Level 7 or 8 Qualification: Social Care, Social Science, Community Development, Mental Health
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Strong sense of social justice
- Strong understanding of homelessness and its associated issues
- Be a champion for peer led services and a recovery framework.
- Good understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities
- Good understanding of social welfare system
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Creativity & innovation
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent organisational, time management & record keeping skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent facilitation and group work skills
- Full, Clean Driving Licence.
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly the position you are applying for.
Closing date for all applications is 9am on Thursday 27th of February 2020.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th March 2020
CROSSCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
This job offer will be made subject to Garda Vetting and reference checks.