TRAINING & ADVICE MANAGER
The Wheel is Ireland’s national association of community and voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises. We are a representative voice and a supportive resource that offers advice, training, influence and advocacy for the sector. Visit www.wheel.ie for more information.
With over 1,700 members, we are the largest representative body for the sector.
Our focus is to help make Ireland a more fair and just place for all by strengthening the capacity and capability of community and voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises.
We are driven by our vision of a thriving community and voluntary sector at the heart of a fair and just Ireland.
The breadth of our training offering and the scale of our support services makes us a valuable and value-driven resource for small and large organisations alike.
Reporting to: Skills Development Senior Manager
Responsible for: Line management of team members as required
The primary focus of the role will be to drive and develop The Wheel’s training and other skills-building support services. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, and implement effectively, The Wheel’s annual training offering to members and the sector, to meet both our strategic objectives as well as our income targets from training.
- Be the principal trainer for The Wheel in the delivery, and further development, of The Wheel’s workshops in specific areas of expertise including a special focus on governance.
- Building partnerships with other training organisations and accrediting bodies to expand our training offering to members, of accredited, CPD certified and unaccredited programmes.
- Responsible for advice to members, and others, on leading and managing organisations, and the associated processes.
- Working with the Skills Development Senior Manager on the implementation of the sector-workforce development strategy.
- Consider the costs of planned programmes and keep within budgets; assess the return on investment of any training or development programme.
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques, and working with the Skills Development Senior Manager in the creation and/or delivery of online and blended learning approaches.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all colleagues in The Wheel.
- Write and produce relevant and compelling: training materials; promotional materials; reports to members; and reports to donors.
- Contribute towards the meeting of income targets, including development of new offerings.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Skills Development Senior Manager from time to time.
Please see Recruitment Pack attached below.
How to Apply
Applications only on The Wheel’s official application form to Sinead Vaughan at: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating clearly the role that is being applied for. Only those who complete the application form will be considered for the position.
Closing date for applications: 4PM Thursday 5 March 2020.
Shortlisting will apply in terms of a first interview, which is currently scheduled to take place on Thursday 12 March 2020. Second interviews, for selected candidates, will take place on Tuesday 24 March 2020.